Mobil 1 for $2.50/qt

T

Turbo Dog

It is 0-W-30. Is this ok for the summer time? The 10W-30 is priced at $3.50/quart. This is cheaper than AutoZone's buy 5 get one free deal.

Where?!

Oil weight is all opinion...I've seen some run 0-30, I my self run 10-30.

but again. WHERE?

Mobil One

Zam-

I found it clearanced at Target in Champaign. I called 1-800-Ask Mobil for more info. The guy said if our cars call for 10W-30, then 0W-30 would be better because it is thinner at start up. He said many new cars take 0W-30. Most people have told me that it is too thin, and I should stick with 10W-30. Chevy dealer told me 10W-30 comes standard in Corvette. I figured if it is good enough for vettes, then I best use 10W-30, for $3.59/quart, at Target. Are there any other opinions out there? I know oil has been addressed before, but not 0W-30. I'll report back if I see any gas mileage improvement.

Thanks t-dog....I'll check target here and see if they are doing the same. 0-30 I'm sure will be fine. This is a subject that has been discussed over and over but I never get bored with it. There is so many opinions and the interesting thing is, nobody's wrong. Let us know what your conclusions are.

0W-30 is fine in any car that can still maintain oil pressure at a hot idle. If you try it and notice you only have about 10psi or less @hot idle then your clearances are too large to run that thin of an oil. If you do maintain oil pressure, then you are in great shape as it will pump through your engine with less resistance freeing up HP and also lubing sooner on startup. Now this is just my opinion mixed with some facts, but take it for what it is worth.

Hmm.....

I 'm willing to bet that 0w-30 weight oil is so thin it'll find its way out our engines somewhere!:D Mine leaks "less" with a thicker oil. But when I use the thin stuff there always seems to be a NEW leak somewhere. :rolleyes:

Hey Turbodog, I'm surprised I haven't seen your car around here. I'm the guy that drives a white 87 'T' that usually needs a bath. The car can usually be found prowling the campus area.

Wal-Mart also has good deals on Mobil-1, I bought a few of the 4qt containers last time it was on sale. I don't recall how much it was though.

Should be, I have bought it there for about that money, 3.50/qt seems way high to me.

Mobil One

Should be, I have bought it there for about that money, 3.50/qt seems way high to me.

Pwrhws- If that seems high, how about AutoZone's sale- buy 5 get one free. Works out to $4.16/quart! I saw it for around $4.70 everywhere else, including Walmart, Kmart, Meijers.

IMHO.....

Oil supposedly reverts to it's base viscosity in areas of high shear. I certainly wouldn't want that in my motor unless it was cold as hell outside and not a high performance motor. :eek:

hey, GTEATER

the man said 5 read: F I V E quart jugs stoopid! yes, that's S T O O P I D

The man said 14.98 5 Gal???? Not 14.98 for a 5 quart jug. I was not trying to be a PITA to Ennit, but rather understand what the deal was.

Even at 14.98 for 5 quarts, thats 14.98/5 = 2.996....or $3.00...WalMart does not brake from the general accounting practice of rounding up.

Not sure why you would be interested in this post anyway WARPEDSENSE?????Topic was not about recycled Costal 2-stroke oil. Still sore about the signature?:D :D :D