Mobil 1 extended performance

87 Pete

Anybody been using this in your daily driver?

Mobil's website says 20,000 miles or 1 year between oil changes. It also says if your engine is under warranty to follow your oil life indicator if so equipped, which is typically around 7500 miles for my car.

I've been using it for about the past year in my high-mileage daily driver that's 10 years old. My brother is in the automotive warranty industry, and says it's a waste of money, just stop being lazy and change the oil every 3,000 miles with dino oil. Of course he only hears about blown up engines from people who never change their oil.

Since a jug is like $30 at walmart, I think it could save time and money assuming your engine doesn't grenade :eek:

My opinion

Full synthetic is better than dino oil ( dont forget ZDDP if non roller cam ). You can get full syn ( not Mobile 1 ) at Wally world for 17.50 in a 5 qt bottle. Driving conditions dictate when oil needs to be changed, when the oil is dark, change it regardless of miles. Hope this is helpful and if I am wrong someone correct me. I have used it for about 6 years with slight fuel mileage increases and it does not need to be changed as quickly as dino. I generally get about 10 k on a change in a 94 Grand Prix with 164k on it.