Mitsubishi Evo IX

There ya go then!

Funny - after I posted about not having seen one in years, I saw a lowered, tinted, black MKIV Supra on the freeway today as I was exiting. Damn near broke my neck :tongue:
if I added up all the money I have wasted on TR's I could have bought a stock mint low mile Supra and sent it to Titan for a complete build.:rolleyes:

It seems like u can score a pretty badass one for about $35k. A little cheaper then I thought actually but many go for $60-70k.

The Evo is still on the menu 4 sure. I think if a really nice TR popped up id want that as much as the Supra. But that doesnt seem likely so I just stopped looken for a TR.

They all have aluminum hoods. Only the MR comes stock with a vortex generator.

MR also has an aluminum roof.

The 8 nor the 9 have AYC. However the 10 does. 2005 all models have the ACD - active center diff. If you can find a 7 it will have the ACD and AYC - active yaw control.

Yep, I got my letter codes backwards, you are correct.

I do not know what the differences are for the MR interior, I think it is only red stitching in the seats and a plaque on the center console. There is nothing revised for the dash, they are all the same with the exception the 9, all models, have a black steering wheel and a black piece of trim above the radio.

8 MR had the blue/black Recaro seats, where as the 9 MR's had much nicer dark grey and black versions. 8 MR had silver accented dash and radio bezel, where as the 9's had gloss black trim and a black spoke accent steering wheel. Evo 8 GSR and MRs used the same steering wheel. 8 MRs also had the 3 gauge cluster under the radio as standard. I was really loving the 9 MR's interior when I saw my first one at the Mistubishi owners day in Normal IL back in '06. It's all cosmetic honestly.

Power is increased by the MIVEC, yes, but the turbo is slightly bigger housing for the 9 model, which is the common platform used for upgrades. The 9 turbo flows 44 pds per/min compared to the 42-43 in the stock 8 turbo. There are also 2 exhaust housing sizes for the turbo, both are twin scroll. One is a 9cm^2 and the other found in the 05+ is a 10.5^2 which adds a tiny bit of lag but increases HP up top.

One last thing, some have reported the 6spd trannys do have issues, once you start making some serious power. There have been quiet a few MR owners who have swapped to 5spd GSR style trannys. Very common. These cars are a blast, and in some ways are slightly cheaper to mod than a Supra. Sometimes, I really miss mine. I used to love having fun with them in my old Blue T. But, one things for sure, I don't mess with Evos when I'm out in my GTO. At least not yet. MUWAHAHAHA...

:cool: