Missing at steady cruise only!

85 conversion

the 9's are in my reach!
I have a new cam sensor,crank sensor,coil pack,plugs, plug wires, but i still have a miss at steady cruise. Goes away at idle and at part and wot throttle. Anyone have any ideas. It also only happens when the car is hot.

I had a flaky ignition module do the same exact thing, in the same conditions and scenarios as yours...new coil pack, cam sensor, or plug wires didn't fix mine either till I swapped out the ignition module.

I guess i will have to try a new one of those now! I actually have a spare coil/module that i can try to see if it makes a difference.

SES light on? Running pig rich at idle & part throttle mine coded 13 14 & 15, O2 sensor and ECT engine coolant temp
Sensor with similar symptoms

What chip are you running? With my old ATR chip, at 45mph (right at converter lock-up) the stumble was so unbearable that I would downshift from OD to D. The car would buck and chug really bad, and like you say, it only happened hot. I replaced all that you have minus the cam & crank sensor, plus the ignition module & fuel filter and it didn't help. Changed over to the TurboTweak chip and it became smooth as a baby's butt.

Had the same thing after I bought mine. At like 70 mph the car would stumble shuuder and evn backfire occasionally. After checking all the usual suspects turned out the cam sensor was 180 out. Flipped it around and the stumble went away, problem solved

I'm running the fullthrottle extreme chip with the translator 2. No check engine light. I did not think about the richness though, I will have to check the settings on my translator.