MINI FALL CONTEST

Dennis Kirban

Mini Fall Contest

Open to all readers of this forum except any of those that own or are connected to the Turbo Regal business.
Everyone has an equal chance since the answer is merely your guess.

Contest is based on the Mecum auction being held in Chicago that is coming up Oct 8th thru the 10th 2015. Scheduled to go through this auction is a real 16 actual mile GNX one owner, with copy of MSO, , numbered GNX book, jacket and ASC window sticker. Heated storage since new. In other words a brand new GNX .

I don't know how to post the link to Mecums website but it will be posted in this Wednesday Inner circle on our website kirbanperformance.com

So that is the background:

Here are the contest rules:

You must email me personally denniskirban@yahoo.com

Only entries emailed to me are eligible.

You get one guess and one guess only that must be the closest under the actual selling price. In case of a tie earliest email wins lst place and other entry gets second place.

You must submit your one guess by Friday October 2nd 2015 by 12 midnite eastern time!

We have a unique custom made gift for the two winners plus one of the GNX license plate we made several years ago. (Same plate can be seen on the GNX in the contest!

A good customer of ours Jason from Canada will be attending the auction and be giving me a full report as well as the actual selling price. Winners will be posted in our weekly inner circle after the auction. Good luck to all players.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

What if it doesn't hit the reserve and sell? I know a lot of Mecums car's have reserves and I'm sure this one will. Would it then be whoever guesses closest to the high bid? Thanks Dennis

What if it doesn't hit the reserve and sell? I know a lot of Mecums car's have reserves and I'm sure this one will. Would it then be whoever guesses closest to the high bid? Thanks Dennis
Great question, I would bet that it doesn't sell. ..

Bryan

Kirban Update:

If the GNX has a reserve price contest will be based on the highest bid. I did not realize some cars at this auction would have a reserve. Again to repeat contest would be based on closest under actual highest bid instead of selling price if the GNX fails to meet the reserve.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

So all I have to do is find out the reserve and bid $1 under and take my chances it doesn't sell?

Maybe you should re think the options in case it doesn't sell.

D

So all I have to do is find out the reserve and bid $1 under and take my chances it doesn't sell?

Maybe you should re think the options in case it doesn't sell.

D

You can't find out the Reserve as far as I know. Only the Consignor and the Auction company knows what it is and even then I've seen consignors lift the reserve even if it doesn't match their number and I've also seen them get lifted if the Auction company tweaks the buyers/sellers fees. Mecum also has the 'bid goes on' option so even if a car doesn't hit the reserve when it rolls across the block, people can still try to work out a deal with the consignor.

kirban update: Jason has done some advance research and the GNX is in the star category which puts the GNX going through the auction next Saturday probably early afternoon. The time frame is the desirable time frame. The seller paid $1,000 entry fee for this position besides having to pay 8% of the selling price since he has a reserve. Interesting enough also under the star category for Saturday is a 1967 Micro bus the 21 window style. It appears that buyer is seeking big money for a VW bus. 1967 was the last year for the split windshield. One would think whatever the VW bus hammers down at the GNX better at least do double!

Auctions can be tricky depending on the clientele doing the bidding and what strikes their fancy.

I got over a one inch thick stack of entries making this contest the biggest one we have ever done to date as far as responses go. Guesses range from as low as 70 grand to as high as 1/4 million dollars.

Now its the waiting game....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Car Hammered for $112,500.....seems a little bit below the money in my opinion but it was at a mecum auction in chicago so there's that.

Car Hammered for $112,500.....seems a little bit below the money in my opinion but it was at a mecum auction in chicago so there's that.

It's funny saying this, but someone got a bargain. I'm betting we will see the same car at Barrette Jackson in Scottsdale either 2016 or 2017 and they are going to make some profit on it for sure.

kirban update:

We got actually 3 winners not two because one lucky individual actually nailed the hammered price exactly at $112,500.

Rite now I only have their email address and I need them to email me personally their complete real name & address to send them their prizes. The one prize I only made 12 total of so it will be something special in years to come. I will have the remaining ones available for sale at GS Nats this coming week.

hitting the exact price was urhstry38@aol.com (no idea of this persons name)

next closest, hcscpa@earthlink.net Harry Sutherland

coming in 3rd lastgetchasumv6@bellsouth.net Scott Lambert

in two cases we do have their name and I can probbaly get their addresses Monday at work as I like to ship their prizes before I leave for GS Nats.

As for the GNX it was like advertised only minor flaws small bubble in headliner, horn ring cracked. Had a Napa oil filter and a cheapo battery under the hood. Car had great storage very clean underneath. Someone got a very fair deal
all things considered.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

accoridng to Jason he felt sales at this auction was on the weak side considering the top notch cars that were presented at least on Saturday the day he was there. No other Turbo Regals went thru on Saturday.

I believe the VW Micro Bus topped out at 70 grand not sure at this writing if it sold. Big money for a VW bus from my time period.

Dennis, I agree with Jason just didn't seem to be much money at the Chicago auction, but that is the norm at Mecum auctions. They always seem to be the "cheaper" auctions out there. Like BuickMike said above, I bet that car shows up in scottsdale at Barrett-Jackson.

Did the winners or Dennis ever post pictures of what the 'special' gnx items were that they won? I didn't see anything on his Inner Circle other then to say who the winners were. Would be cool to see what the winners got.

The winners got one of the Fortunate 547 license plates that we had made years ago. Same plate can be seen on the GNX that was in the contest.

The other item I only made 12 of. I sold the balance at the GS Nats (forgot to save myself one of them) I gave Jason from Canada one as a gift. I had made at a local trophy shop what looked like a iceberg had the image of the GNX on it with the saying and on the base of it said Bad to the Bone. A nice desk top item.

I wanted to keep the "prize " exclusive" .....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next contest will be around Thanksgiving and be based on a number of M&Ms....I do these contests usually around the holidays....a throw back to what my Mom would do for us kids guessing number of M&Ms in a container.

A few years ago I wanted to make a serious effort to win this contest. I bought what I thought was the same jar you used. I then filled it with m&m's. I counted them and thought I had it in the bag. Turned out I was off by 100.