Milling intake after heads or block

jpratt

In way over my head here and need help. My block was milled a few thousandths and the intake was milled before I got it. The intake bolt holes do not line up with the bolt holes in the head. Last time I installed I I just elongated the intake hole. I am sure the runners match up as well as the bolt holes so this time I will have the intake machined to lower it and make it line up better. My question is should I build up the block with heads torques down the take it and the intake to a machinist so he can finish with the alignment?

In way over my head here and need help. My block was milled a few thousandths and the intake was milled before I got it. The intake bolt holes do not line up with the bolt holes in the head. Last time I installed I I just elongated the intake hole. I am sure the runners match up as well as the bolt holes so this time I will have the intake machined to lower it and make it line up better. My question is should I build up the block with heads torques down the take it and the intake to a machinist so he can finish with the alignment?
If you are using the blue Felpro intake gasket,it is much thicker than the stock steel gasket. Using the thinner steel gasket might get you where you need to be.

He's talking about one of these

mHAkdsngYO4FPRHMI2wywiA  intake gasket.jpg

You might want to measure how far off the intake is from the head. If it's out far enough the angle will be off also and will need to be milled to match the angle of the heads.

You could see if you're even in the ballpark by putting the intake on without any gaskets and see if the bolts will drop in.

If they still don't go in you WILL have to mill the intake, if the bolts go in without touching the intake you can use the steel gasket.

I was not ready to assemble yet, guess I will hit that snag when u get there.

call up TA Performance ,they have different thickness intake gaskets so you can get it just right.