Mike Tyson, Simply the Greatest...

GOOD job avoiding the question and making another MMA VS Boxing reference you are a master at your craft.:DHow many MMA guys did Tank Abot KO before they started diving at his ankles like little girls.Gracie had to pull that Hawaiian dudes hair and hold on for his life in order not to get his but kicked then the glorious punk quits at the gate for the next fight. one of the guys you referenced and hold on a pedestal. Boxing gloves look like pillows next to MMA gloves and Tyson was destroying other professional boxers with pillows on his hands.:eek:BTW just in case i forgot to mention that these are two very different sports and its like comparing apples and oranges. :confused::confused::biggrin:;)
lol.... ur right they are two different sports. the difference being boxers have only (1) skill to fight with when they enter the ring. MMA fighters have MANY skills when they get into the ring. APPLES to ORANGES? well, if you want to concede that boxers have less skills then MMA fighters then I would agree. but they both get into the ring to end the fight. as stated before a professional boxer THOUGHT he could defeat a MMA fighter with his boxing skills and he learned in one round that he was just a chump when it comes to a getting into the ring and fighting against someone who has MANY skills vs. (1) skill.lol... boxing gloves are like pillows and with boxing gloves you cant use ur hands to do anything other then throw punches. thats why a boxer would be out classed in a real fighting sport like MMA. boxing is considered fighting which is a fact you so conveniently continue to ignore...... big surprise there:rolleyes: so when you say APPLES to ORANGES thats just your way of saying boxers cant compete with MMA fighters. I agree. they cant.

here is the definition of fighting.......oh thats right you dont think BOXING is actually fighting....:rolleyes:

See in ThesaurusVariant of fightfight definitionintransitive verb fought, fighting
    1. to take part in a physical struggle or battle; struggle
    2. to box, esp. professionally
  • to struggle or work hard in trying to beat or overcome someone or something; contend
  • to argue or quarrel; dispute: often with about or over
transitive verb
    1. to oppose physically or in battle, as with fists, weapons, etc.
    2. to box with in a contest
  • to try to overcome; struggle against or contend with, as by argument, legislation, etc.
  • to engage in or carry on (a war, conflict, case, etc.)
  • to gain by struggle: to fight one's way to the top
  • to cause to fight; manage (a boxer, gamecock, etc.)
noun
  • a physical struggle; battle; combat
  • any struggle, contest, or quarrel
  • power or readiness to fight; pugnacious spirit: full of figh

Mike Tyson was great!

I think Larry Holmes (in his prime) would have beaten Mike though. They fought wayy later in Larry's career.

Joe
I think Larry Homes {in his prime ] would Beaten tyson .

Riddick Bowe would of Beat Tyson to.

when he fought Holyfield. Tyson was only 30 year old in his prime and what happen, he got beat by real Boxer.

HOT ROD-GN said:
I think Larry Homes {in his prime ] would Beaten tyson....

The same Larry Holmes that lost his title to Michael Spinks? With Tyson annihilating both of them later on...?

HOT ROD-GN said:
Riddick Bowe would of Beat Tyson to....

The same Riddick Bowe who had a hard time with Andrew Golota...?

HOT ROD-GN said:
When he fought Holyfield. Tyson was only 30 year old in his prime and what happen, he got beat by real Boxer....

Are you kidding? Holyfield is a dirty fighter, and Tyson beat himself because he got frustrated with all of Holyfield's headbutts...

[video=youtube;t1YEUENDwNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1YEUENDwNY[/video]

Everytime there is a discussion about boxing some f@#$ has to bring up MMA. Last I looked this was a boxing thread---RIDE ON SOMEBODY ELSES COAT TAILS!!!!!!!!!!

lol.... ur right they are two different sports. the difference being boxers have only (1) skill to fight with when they enter the ring. MMA fighters have MANY skills when they get into the ring. APPLES to ORANGES? well, if you want to concede that boxers have less skills then MMA fighters then I would agree. but they both get into the ring to end the fight. as stated before a professional boxer THOUGHT he could defeat a MMA fighter with his boxing skills and he learned in one round that he was just a chump when it comes to a getting into the ring and fighting against someone who has MANY skills vs. (1) skill.lol... boxing gloves are like pillows and with boxing gloves you cant use ur hands to do anything other then throw punches. thats why a boxer would be out classed in a real fighting sport like MMA. boxing is considered fighting which is a fact you so conveniently continue to ignore...... big surprise there:rolleyes: so when you say APPLES to ORANGES thats just your way of saying boxers cant compete with MMA fighters. I agree. they cant.

here is the definition of fighting.......oh thats right you dont think BOXING is actually fighting....:rolleyes:

See in ThesaurusVariant of fightfight definitionintransitive verb fought, fighting
    1. to take part in a physical struggle or battle; struggle
    2. to box, esp. professionally
  • to struggle or work hard in trying to beat or overcome someone or something; contend
  • to argue or quarrel; dispute: often with about or over
transitive verb
    1. to oppose physically or in battle, as with fists, weapons, etc.
    2. to box with in a contest
  • to try to overcome; struggle against or contend with, as by argument, legislation, etc.
  • to engage in or carry on (a war, conflict, case, etc.)
  • to gain by struggle: to fight one's way to the top
  • to cause to fight; manage (a boxer, gamecock, etc.)
noun
  • a physical struggle; battle; combat
  • any struggle, contest, or quarrel
  • power or readiness to fight; pugnacious spirit: full of figh

1-How many top MMA fighters have had the b alls to step into a boxing ring with a top Boxer???
2-Now many top MMA fighters have beaten top boxers in a boxing match??? Same answer as above
3-According to you MMA fighters are masters of all, So why aren't they making the millions KO'ing the crappy one dimensional boxers in a boxing ring?????

Insert Brett answer here > Because a MMA fighter would beat a boxer in a street fight. :biggrin:

Everytime there is a discussion about boxing some f@#$ has to bring up MMA. Last I looked this was a boxing thread---RIDE ON SOMEBODY ELSES COAT TAILS!!!!!!!!!!

Brett knows better he is just trying to get under boxing fans skin as there's NO WAY he believes all that MMA VS boxing mombo-jombo

Boxing is a sport just like MMA is a sport. MMA professionals are fighters. so what are boxing professionals then? boxers arent fighters? wow I never knew that.....:eek: I always thought boxers were fighters....:rolleyes:

Boxing is a sport just like MMA is a sport. MMA professionals are fighters. so what are boxing professionals then? boxers arent fighters? wow I never knew that.....:eek: I always thought boxers were fighters....:rolleyes:

got a tight a$$ grip on those coat tails I see!!!

The same Larry Holmes that lost his title to Michael Spinks? With Tyson annihilating both of them later on...?

The same Riddick Bowe who had a hard time with Andrew Golota...?

Are you kidding? Holyfield is a dirty fighter, and Tyson beat himself because he got frustrated with all of Holyfield's headbutts...

[video=youtube;t1YEUENDwNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1YEUENDwNY[/video]

No doubt Holmes & Bowe were far removed from their primes in these fights & Holyfield may well have used his head as a third fist in several fights, but the hideous cut opened on Tyson in first fight was an accidental clash of heads. (he did tend to lead w/his head)

Couldn't answer the questions so you came up with that weak a$S comment.:tongue:

got a tight a$$ grip on those coat tails I see!!!

So far he hasn't answered a single question,

the Haterade Runs strong in Brett.

Come on Brett Shut me up

i love talking boxing

What do you guys think about Chavez Jr Vs Martinez??

The majority of Mike's fights were against bums. Holmes, Ali, and Foreman would all have knocked Mike out. And what happened to the greatest of all time here? Could it be he fought someone with talent. Lewis prided himself in fight like Ali.

TYSON Vs LEWIS KNOCKOUT! - YouTube