Mike Tyson, Simply the Greatest...

his fights were awesome to watch.all fighting is about stles and matchups,tough to say who would be better.any great athlete adjusts and adapts to opponents.the better they are the more the adjust.

captflash said:
I still think an Ali in his prime would have beaten him however...

I think Mike would have ripped Ali a new one... :wink:

[video=youtube;YrWlHDYDkjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWlHDYDkjg[/video]

Used and abused that's a good excuse for being a moron. :rolleyes:

He wasn't so good a money manager either. ;)

I was probably the best Battlezone player in the world at one time, sans the millions of dollars in proceeds, but it didn't maike me any more capable at life. :eek::p

I don't hate the guy either, I just remember his speech at a nursing college and his comment live on mic. that he wished he was a gynecologist there. :eek::D

I guess being large and dumb you can verbalize those things the rest of us just can only think them. :eek:

Rocky was better and undefeated in his day. :cool:

Used and abused that's a good excuse for being a moron. :rolleyes:

He wasn't so good a money manager either. ;)

I was probably the best Battlezone player in the world at one time, sans the millions of dollars in proceeds, but it didn't maike me any more capable at life. :eek::p

I don't hate the guy either, I just remember his speech at a nursing college and his comment live on mic. that he wished he was a gynecologist there. :eek::D

I guess being large and dumb you can verbalize those things the rest of us just can only think them. :eek:

Rocky was better and undefeated in his day. :cool:

Why are there so many negative *******s on this board?

You guys talking about him being stupid is exactly the same as responding to a thread about a Nobel Prize winner by saying "He's a wimp and I could kick his ass".

Why are there so many negative *******s on this board?

You guys talking about him being stupid is exactly the same as responding to a thread about a Nobel Prize winner by saying "He's a wimp and I could kick his ass".

Jealousy, stupidity, ignorance, small penis, you name it.

salvageV6 said:
Used and abused that's a good excuse for being a moron...

I think it's safe to say that the man accomplished more in just a few short years than you more than likely will in your entire life, so... so much for being a moron on his part. He was surrounded by greatness in the boxing world, and he rose above all of them as a fighter. You can pick at certain things about the man, as that is what critics will do, however how many people in the real world will be willing to listen to a former Atari game champion giving his opinion on anything relating to professional sports lol?

Apples and Oranges Dude.
Top 5 MMA fighters wouldn't last against top 5 Boxers in a boxing match.

James Tony got beat up by an MMA fighter - and when the MMA fighter was asked if he would step into a boxing ring with Tony he said NO WAY.

i have been a hard core boxing junkie for a long time
Tyson was one heck of a fighter
im not talking about a boxing match. im talking about REAL fighting which is what MMA is.

Boxing: no ground game, no kicks, no elbows, no chokes, no knees, no submissions whatsoever. lame and NOT a real fight.

MMA: a ground game which is where 99% of REAL fights go, kicks to the head, legs and body like a REAL fight, elbows, chokes, knees, and plenty of submissions like a REAL fight.

it absolutely is not apples to oranges. both boxing and MMA are FIGHTS. boxing is only one aspect of that fight so when boxers get into the ring they are only utilizing maybe 20% of what a real FIGHT is which is why MMA fighters are the most diverse fighters in the world and why MMA has surpassed boxing in popularity now.

MMA fighters need to disciplined in ALL aspects of fighting. not just a stand up game which is why when a professional boxer got into to the ring to fight a professional MMA fighter he got his ass kicked in 1 round.

then you apparently dont watch much MMA then.

I have and there still hasn't an mma fighter with the domination that a young Tyson had. Nor has anyone from mma had or has the drawing power of a Tyson fight or any great boxer. By drawing power I mean PPV or anticipation of a great fight. As long as mma is controlled by UFC a fighter will never have the value of there on work/talent vs boxing. I'd still prefer to watch a great boxing match over a great UFC match any day of the week, but boxing just doesn't have the fighters in the sport. Boxing is still riding on the shoulders of the sports biggest draw of Mayweather or Pacquiao.

im not talking about a boxing match. im talking about REAL fighting which is what MMA is.

Boxing: no ground game, no kicks, no elbows, no chokes, no knees, no submissions whatsoever. lame and NOT a real fight.

MMA: a ground game which is where 99% of REAL fights go, kicks to the head, legs and body like a REAL fight, elbows, chokes, knees, and plenty of submissions like a REAL fight.

it absolutely is not apples to oranges. both boxing and MMA are FIGHTS. boxing is only one aspect of that fight so when boxers get into the ring they are only utilizing maybe 20% of what a real FIGHT is which is why MMA fighters are the most diverse fighters in the world and why MMA has surpassed boxing in popularity now.

MMA fighters need to disciplined in ALL aspects of fighting. not just a stand up game which is why when a professional boxer got into to the ring to fight a professional MMA fighter he got his ass kicked in 1 round.

Every one please look at this reply and remember it as its a text book Boxing Hater comparing MMA to Boxing.

Guys these are two completely different sports that have some similarities.

Apples grow on trees and so do Oranges.

yeaup Drag racing and road course racing one is better because - insert hater response here_____________________.Two different sports right OR they both must be considered the same because they both have cars and engines????????????

Come on Brett you know better then this, i bet you was just trying to get under some boxing fans skin with your crazy reply.

BTW Am i the only one that thinks that the Cyborg fight was stopped way too early??

I have and there still hasn't an mma fighter with the domination that a young Tyson had. Nor has anyone from mma had or has the drawing power of a Tyson fight or any great boxer. By drawing power I mean PPV or anticipation of a great fight. As long as mma is controlled by UFC a fighter will never have the value of there on work/talent vs boxing. I'd still prefer to watch a great boxing match over a great UFC match any day of the week, but boxing just doesn't have the fighters in the sport. Boxing is still riding on the shoulders of the sports biggest draw of Mayweather or Pacquiao.

then you haven't been paying attention to boxing.
lots of great fights in 2011
if you are only looking for names then you will not enjoy the sport very much. But if you are looking for great fights OPEN your eyes.

I've still got my mansion and it's paid for. :smile:

Hey Lindsay Lohan was a good actress at one time too. :p

As long as he doesn't bite the heads off the pigeons thats a great hobby for him. ;)

Is ear biting cool too? :eek:

Iron Mike Was the Best but once Cus passed.. it went downhill for Mike he was too vulnerable to the "Sharks" in the game, they saw him as a plate of food and took advantage of him...

Every one please look at this reply and remember it as its a text book Boxing Hater comparing MMA to Boxing.

Guys these are two completely different sports that have some similarities.

Apples grow on trees and so do Oranges.

yeaup Drag racing and road course racing one is better because - insert hater response here_____________________.Two different sports right OR they both must be considered the same because they both have cars and engines????????????

Come on Brett you know better then this, i bet you was just trying to get under some boxing fans skin with your crazy reply.

BTW Am i the only one that thinks that the Cyborg fight was stopped way too early??
lol... cmon, really? completely different sports? both get into the ring in attempt to stop the other fighter. a stand up boxing game is only one aspect of how a fighter stops another fighter. ur really gonna compare drag racing to a road course racing? thats a terrible analogy and not even close to what boxing and MMA is. because they both have cars and engines? really? is that the best you can come up with as an anology.... lmao! no offense but thats just laughable!

both boxing and MMA take place in a ring and try to stop one another with whatever tools they have to stop their opponent. many MMA fights involve stand up boxing only if that is how both fighters want to fight. boxing does not allow a true world class fighter to use anything more then (1) aspect of fighting. if you have a boxer get into the ring who has no ground fighting experience the opponent will take him to the ground and end the fight immediately.

even an amateur MMA fighter would destroy a top ranked professional boxer in a REAL fight that allows a fighter to use ALL of his fighting tools to win the fight vs. (1) of his fighting tools to try to win. everyone knows that including you so stop trying to pretend a guy who only boxes and has no defense against a ground assault would last more then one round in an MMA fight. again, we talking about REAL fighting here. NOT (1) aspect of fighting which is boxing.

boxers are taught how to fight inccorectly there body movement and the way they punch is completely wrong because your showing every premeditated attack while a martial artist with kung fu jiu jitsu experience uses those signs of attack to attack the opponent, im sure i sound kind of weird but this is what i mean Michael Jae White explains it very very well... see attached.. so yea a mma fighter will most probably beat the crap out of a pro boxer

Michael Jai White and Kimbo Slice extended version - YouTube

lol... cmon, really? completely different sports? both get into the ring in attempt to stop the other fighter. a stand up boxing game is only one aspect of how a fighter stops another fighter. ur really gonna compare drag racing to a road course racing? thats a terrible analogy and not even close to what boxing and MMA is. because they both have 1-cars and 2-engines? really? is that the best you can come up with as an anology.... lmao! no offense but thats just laughable!

both boxing and MMA take place in a 1-ring and try to 2-stop one another with whatever tools they have to stop their opponent. many MMA fights involve stand up boxing only if that is how both fighters want to fight. boxing does not allow a true world class fighter to use anything more then (1) aspect of fighting. if you have a boxer get into the ring who has no ground fighting experience the opponent will take him to the ground and end the fight immediately.

even an amateur MMA fighter would destroy a top ranked professional boxer in a REAL fight that allows a fighter to use ALL of his fighting tools to win the fight vs. (1) of his fighting tools to try to win. everyone knows that including you so stop trying to pretend a guy who only boxes and has no defense against a ground assault would last more then one round in an MMA fight. again, we talking about REAL fighting here. NOT (1) aspect of fighting which is boxing.

HELP i am being overrun by MMA VS Boxing nut jobs.:biggrin:

Street fight what ever you say :confused:

Sports lets talk.
MMA = Jack of all trades master of NONE.
Boxer = Master of throwing punches.

I'll try this one more time for the fanatics
Boxer in an MMA fight = Boxer gets beat down.
MMA fighter in a boxing match = MMA fighter gets beat down.

Street fight - way to many variables

87chrisss said:
boxers are taught how to fight inccorectly there body movement and the way they punch is completely wrong because your showing every premeditated attack while a martial artist with kung fu jiu jitsu experience uses those signs of attack to attack the opponent...

Please tell me you are not basing what your saying on Michael Jai White. Hell, let's ask Jean Claude Van Damm what he thinks in that case too lol. Michael Jai White is not a professional fighter, and he would get destroyed in the boxing ring, and he knows it. Show me one real fight that Michael Jai White has had to date, do any even exist? Kimbo Slice is a sloppy fighter, and he relies solely on his brutal strength on the street against fighters who are anything but, and these fighters that he fights on the street who have NO defense. Kimbo Slice does not know the science behind professional boxing, neither do his opponents, he does not know the science within martial arts, he just happened to have a small part in Blood and Bone where he is seen practicing with Michael Jai White behind the scenes because he is open to learning Martial Arts. The closest Michael Jai White came to Mike Tyson was by playing Mike Tyson back in the 1995 movie entitles "Tyson", but the real Tyson would have killed Michael Jai White in a real fight, trust me on that...

TURBOPOWERED68 said:

Street fight - way to many variables

Street Fight = Scientific Street Fighting a la Bruce Lee...

[video=youtube;VwLC5gjYYXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwLC5gjYYXc[/video]