Mike Barnard

I'll never admit to it. But if I did, I'd say that it had a turbo on it.:p
We had a fun night at Irwindale last night. That's my ninteen year old daughter (Hailey) riding shotgun. We did two runs with me driving, then switched and she got in three runs. Each one a bit quicker than the next. She did a great job for her first time on the track. The little Volvo s-40 turbo is her DD. Next time we'll take her moms E350. Then, when she's proven herself in that, we'll put the GN at about 15 lbs of boost and let her work her way up from there. She's already been driving the GN on the street for almost a year. We've crept up on the boost to where she handels the GN at 25 lbs boost quite well. On this night, I also saw two Turbo Buicks running. I'll post pics, if that's OK with them. Got a nice shot of one of them, "Wheels up". ;)

Mike B.

Hi guys. I thought it was cool of Mike to take his kid racing, no matter what the car is. Hope there was no offense taken by posting the link.

Hi guys. I thought it was cool of Mike to take his kid racing, no matter what the car is. Hope there was no offense taken by posting the link.

Not at all. Hailey and I were stoked to see it.:)

Mike B.

A few pics from Thurs at Irwindale.
The ledgendary Chevota's yellow Toyota. I counted 8 sparkplug wires. He must be running 2 coils with that six banger now.:rolleyes:
hair029.jpg

A bad picture of some nice cars.
Ralph and Beto getting ready to run.
hair015.jpg

A true sign of making horse power is when you start braking stuff. Here's our So Western Pizza Man, Ralph, hanging the hoops, the expensive way.:(
hair020.jpg

After finding out the problem, it was found that a more competent driver(s) was needed. Problem solved...:D
hair024.jpg

May have a few more.

Mike B.

Hey Ralph why is your car on the back of that tow truck. Was it getting repossessed :)

I miss one week and then some TRs show up! Hope to see see more in the future!
P.S Good News, Fontana has reached a settlement on their 1/4 mile strip! They should be open as soon as a sound wall is built.

A few pics from Thurs at Irwindale.
The ledgendary Chevota's yellow Toyota. I counted 8 sparkplug wires. He must be running 2 coils with that six banger now.:rolleyes:
hair029.jpg

Mike B.
According to Cruzn57, 2 coil packs and 8 plug wires are the new trend in Turbobuick gas mileage efficiency.....

The crowd favorite of the night.
It's an old Dodge van Ice cream truck. This thing does John Force burnouts and pulls the wheels off the line. All this, while playing the ice cream music. It's got a 360 smallblock under the hood (doghouse) and spanked half the cars it went up against. If I lost to this thing, I'd just keep going out the back gate.:eek:

hair025.jpg

hair027.jpg

hair026.jpg

After seeing it launch hard and fly down the track, my daughter said to me, "I knew that those things were fast, because everytime a would hear the music at home, I'd run and get my money, then fly outside and he'd be gone".:D

It all makes sense now...

SHHHHHHHH.
mileage secrets are on the QT !!

those "tornader" air vortex spinners are the secret to Great mileage.
the extra plug wires assist the 7th (and 8th) injectors ( to cover lean spikes)
alot of research and development from Disneyland , went into it!

Nice!

What ET was that van running?

Why? you calling him out?:D
He was running low nines when I saw him. He says it's gone high eights on a good day. He's getting ready to put in a new motor with a 2 stage NOS system. If your going to challange him, you might want to do it soon before the engine swap. Nothing makes little kids cry more than seeing a chicken get taken out by an ice cream truck.:eek:

Mike B.