Mighty ZL-1 goes DOWN.

Im sure he only added the kid for the same reason some people explain the time of day, temp, area, etc. Just setting the tone is all...

I just bought a ZL1.....I'll be danged if any stupid v6.. 25 yr old car is going to beat it....:)

I just bought a ZL1.....I'll be danged if any stupid v6.. 25 yr old car is going to beat it....:)

Yeah....what he said. Porsche GT3RS...3.8 6cyl
Nissan GTR...3.8 6cyl
Buick Brick 3.8 6cyl.

Someone sees the math. :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

correct me if iam wrong isn't a Zl 1 a stock showroom roadrace car. that did the ring 7.41 which is faster than most high end imports that are 4x times the price.

correct me if iam wrong isn't a Zl 1 a stock showroom roadrace car. that did the ring 7.41 which is faster than most high end imports that are 4x times the price.

Conversely, a 25 year old Buick that originally cost 4x less than a ZL1 managed to kick that 'Vette's ass.

Imagine that........:D

Be interesting to see what one of our autocross member's car could do the ring in.... Just sayin...

Mikey

The new ZL1 was meant to be the new Z28 up until the last minute. "It's wasn't worthy" Now from one legend to another the New Z28 like the original is a true road-race car.

No, it isn't. If you go to the Chevy dealer the salesman will tell you that a new 1LE Camaro will eat a ZL1 in the twisties so it's not a roadracer. The 1LE has the suspension goodies and 3.91 gears. I've driven both and was kinda disappointed in the ZL1 for a car that is supposed to have almost 600 hp.

I just talked to a guy at Home Depot who was getting in his ZL1. That is a good looking car. He told me he hasn't found anyone to run that was much competition, not even the GSXR 750 he ran. He also said it had a little over 2000 miles on it and about 1000 gal of fuel through it 2 MPG ? It was an auto with paddle shifters. Lastly he said the price was 60k before financing. When I told him I had an old V6 Buick I thought would give him some competition he looked at me like I had 3 eyes •:)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I do stop light to stop light WOT blasts with my 15yo daughter when a clear road and common sense allows...she loves it

I remember my mom racing her 74 Trans Am super duty 4 speed like it was yesterday. Those days with my mom were my formative gear head years and I would hate to rob my daughter of the opportunity of loving cars.

What I see on the roads today....my daughter is much safer in my regal than out with her textaholic 16 year old friends.

Good kill.

My parents raced with me in the car, and when my children are older, I will probably do the same. How are you going to pass along the bug of being a hot rod person, without showing youth an American past time?

useless non-sense.
Jeez someone had to revive this thread again. :rolleyes:

Useless non-sense yeah right. :rolleyes: maybe for some. But if you make that choice of street racing, just don't come posting more useless non-sense of how you got ticketed, impounded, total, maimed, killed someone and expect sympathy cause remember it's all useless non-sense.

Jeez someone had to revive this thread again. :rolleyes:

Useless non-sense yeah right. :rolleyes: maybe for some. But if you make that choice of street racing, just don't come posting more useless non-sense of how you got ticketed, impounded, total, maimed, killed someone and expect sympathy cause remember it's all useless non-sense.

That's why we call it the Kill Section.

I'm pretty certain no one will come into this particular section and post that kind of stuff up.

That's why we call it the Kill Section.

I'm pretty certain no one will come into this particular section and post that kind of stuff up.

I know what section it is, the original heated argument was about doing it with a kid in the car and about using some common sense. I was not the only person who felt this way.

This whole tread brings to mind a famous quote from a well known movie, "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility".

If people were truly concerned about the lives of children in this country. Then there would be a massive push to fill in all the back yard swimming pools in the USA ( #1 cause of death to children ) but I don't hear that on the news. Happy Motoring.