Mighty ZL-1 goes DOWN.

L8TRH8R

Been hoping I'd catch one of the several running around here, and, yesterday I finally got my wish. Nice looking maroon in color. He saw me and slowed down then reved her and and tried to pull, no dice, he slows and we go again from a 30ish roll, my car was spinning like CRAZY as I was looking at him then other lane about 5 times before getting her straight. By that time I was a good 3 cars ahead probably about 65-70 mph. We then went 3 more times using a 3 horn honk to launch off, last one we went to about 100 and I had about 4-5 on him. His daughter looked like she couldn't believe what had happened. He says, "You got something in there!" I reply "Just a v6." I'm sure I will see him at our towns annual big car show this weekend. It's great beating the new muscle guys, their faces afterwards are PRICELESS!!!! :eek:

lol....I just bought a convertible ZL1. Does not even come close to my GN as far as speed. The camaro is cool in its own way.....Lengenfelter can get it to 750 RWHP for 15,000 and it still won't beat my GN.

Yea there's a Hennessy 600 here and my paint guy did some work on it, he said my T was FAR more violent then the ZL-1 600 Hennessy.

Good kill.

Racing with your kid in the car? Not good. I've played with my family in the car and only where there was no chance of another vehicle inter-fearing. But that does not make it right or justify it.

Mikey

Great kill man. Hopefully this thread don't get overran with a bunch of "i wouldn't have done this with my kid or blah blah blah." Race is over, great story, no ones dead, moving on.:confused:
Hey Phil,
It's not about blah blah blah...it's about having fun responsibly. That's just not cool. You want to street race...ok cool. Just leave the kid part out...but adding it just opens up a big issue that most of us have trouble with.
See my point?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I see your point Coach but let's remember here, it wasn't the OP who had a kid in the car, and he had no control over the other driver or his actions. In addition the OP was coming up from behind - "He saw me and slowed down then reved her and and tried to pull" - so he had no way of knowing at first.

If a guy in a 'Vette tries me on the street, he'll likely get a big surprise, too. That's just how it is.

TurboTGuy the way I read his story was that they raced 5 or 6 times, he even says they were looking at each other. So yes in my opinion he WAS aware of the kid. At given point he should have stand down, no badge of honor is worth it at that point.

TurboTGuy the way I read his story was that they raced 5 or 6 times, he even says they were looking at each other. So yes in my opinion he WAS aware of the kid. At given point he should have stand down, no badge of honor is worth it at that point.

That's the reason I said "at first". :) Going that many times in such short order is just begging for trouble, either mechanical or legal.........

I see your point Coach but let's remember here, it wasn't the OP who had a kid in the car, and he had no control over the other driver or his actions. In addition the OP was coming up from behind - "He saw me and slowed down then reved her and and tried to pull" - so he had no way of knowing at first.

If a guy in a 'Vette tries me on the street, he'll likely get a big surprise, too. That's just how it is.
Been there too. Should have stopped as soon as he was aware of the child.
If they really did go 5-6 times...they are both idiots.

Coach, I see your point. I sometimes just hate reading good kill stories followed up with safety speeches. Lol. I agree about not racing with kids in the car, but the odds of running into a TR when driving something else is pretty slim. We are special owners!!;) Just didn't want the thread to turn into a class about safety.

We went no more then 70 mph in a 45 on a Sunday in a town of 35000. There were two other cars on the road at the busiest point. One pull to 70 the rest to 55 ish NOT a full out drag race to 1/8-1/4 mile. Sorry but I do this all the time even with my own kids. They love it, my dad did it, it's what made me a gear head. My kids are disappointed if they don't get a three second blast in the car. I'm sure his 12-15 year old kid had a blast as mine do. Cheers.

I laugh every time I read someone with a fast car lecture people on safety! Have you NEVER went WOT in your own car? Some of you people are a lil over reaching IMO.

We went no more then 70 mph in a 45 on a Sunday in a town of 35000. There were two other cars on the road at the busiest point. One pull to 70 the rest to 55 ish NOT a full out drag race to 1/8-1/4 mile. Sorry but I do this all the time even with my own kids. They love it, my dad did it, it's what made me a gear head. My kids are disappointed if they don't get a three second blast in the car. I'm sure his 12-15 year old kid had a blast as mine do. Cheers.

I'm with you brother. I didn't want to post here but I can't help myself. I won't all out race anyone at really high speeds even by myself unless I know the guy I'm racing REALLY well and can predict his actions. I want to know we care about eachother more than our own cars. As far as with my daughter, she's 20 months and has seen triple digit speeds a dozen or more times already in her life. No one else was around, but she loves it and I loved it when I was kid too. I can't take that away from her; and better with me where I can teach her the method to my madness rather than with some punk when she gets to high school that doesn't know how to drive fast safely; an oxymoron to some I realize, but my daughter will hopefully know a dumb ass driver when she sees one and stay away. Being a dumb ass driver has little to do with how fast you do or don't drive though, imo.

I laugh every time I read someone with a fast car lecture people on safety! Have you NEVER went WOT in your own car? Some of you people are a lil over reaching IMO.

Guilty of said WOT. :p You can't slap the grin off of my 19 year olds face when we go for l'il ride and I ruin some high dollar, high maitanence car owners day........