Michigan GN owners

Telegraph??

I used to play on Telegraph years ago.The real serious races are on French Rd. by City Airport.

Not anymore ive been around the detroit race scene since i was 10 and my dad was bringin me out to the races...French rd gets ok races here and there but its not like 6-7 years ago...The telegraph and joy crowd fizzled out and got pushed further and further south as they got thrown out of lot after lot.Taylor is a lil more lax and lets people gather in the Old Country Buffet But its a whole new crowd and a slim few of the real racers from back in the day...

The old country buffet crowd knows nothing about the plymouth and telegraph in front of the park ,joy and telegraph in front of the carwash, 6 and telegraph on the grooved concrete bridge and grand river and telegraph in front of the cemetary circle we used to make every weekend for years and years... They burn up northline and inkster which used to be good for fast cars when youd set the race up run the cars and leave caust its straight smooth concrete in an industrial park but when the cops come its 10 + cars...

French road is a lot of imports All the back in the day fast cars race at no et at milan on saturday night once a month...They rip the timeslip in half allow any kind of flag..Flashlight,armdrop,christmas tree, give cars etc...They dont show ur time and as long as you car isnt dripping fluids you can run it...8sec 9sec 10sec no cage crazy stuff...1000,2000,3000,$8000 races....If you wanna see street action now you gotta goto, grand river and mcgraw/ epworth and joy.... If you wanna see really fast stuff on the street it happens during the week...and theres a phone call made to the those in the know and if you arent there in an hour youll miss it....

Not anymore ive been around the detroit race scene since i was 10 and my dad was bringin me out to the races...French rd gets ok races here and there but its not like 6-7 years ago...The telegraph and joy crowd fizzled out and got pushed further and further south as they got thrown out of lot after lot.Taylor is a lil more lax and lets people gather in the Old Country Buffet But its a whole new crowd and a slim few of the real racers from back in the day...

The old country buffet crowd knows nothing about the plymouth and telegraph in front of the park ,joy and telegraph in front of the carwash, 6 and telegraph on the grooved concrete bridge and grand river and telegraph in front of the cemetary circle we used to make every weekend for years and years... They burn up northline and inkster which used to be good for fast cars when youd set the race up run the cars and leave caust its straight smooth concrete in an industrial park but when the cops come its 10 + cars...

French road is a lot of imports All the back in the day fast cars race at no et at milan on saturday night once a month...They rip the timeslip in half allow any kind of flag..Flashlight,armdrop,christmas tree, give cars etc...They dont show ur time and as long as you car isnt dripping fluids you can run it...8sec 9sec 10sec no cage crazy stuff...1000,2000,3000,$8000 races....If you wanna see street action now you gotta goto, grand river and mcgraw/ epworth and joy.... If you wanna see really fast stuff on the street it happens during the week...and theres a phone call made to the those in the know and if you arent there in an hour youll miss it....

Agreed. I remember years ago sitting in the donut shop parking lot at Joy and Tele until 3am. Plymouth and Outer Dr. was a regular dragstrip on the weekends and the carwash on Joy was off the hook. I remember those days and had my fair share of races back then, too.

I was down on Woodward Friday night and only saw 3 other GN's asked those guys how many they saw and they said about the same

I was out saturday i cruised even after the rainstorm and wound up in pontiac sittin at moes attic with a couple other turbo regals....