Michigan Gas Prices?

johnnyttype

Um, why did they rise 20 cents this week when oil prices have dropped $40+ in the past few months? I dont know if this is just Michigan but what the heck man!!! $3.94 for regular and $4.16 for Premium:D I know when i left Maryland two weeks ago it was about $3.50 a gallon for regular!

John

I'd love to know too.

According to our local news, they went up because "the oil companies started charging the stations more for their product." Glad I can count on our local investigative journalism to really shed some light on the problem.

This made me curious as well. It was down in the $3.60's all last week. At first I thought it was some B.S. about the hurricane, but now I am not so sure.

i would not have tried to race a Lightning yesterday on the way to Walmart if i knew the prices were rediculous! Of course i saw the price after doing some pulls!

It's called GREED!!! Oil goes up $2.00 a barrel, next day gas goes up a dime. Oil goes DOWN $40.00 a BARREL, gas goes down a quarter??? And nothing is done about it............:mad:

pretty cool little graphic/website:

Gas Prices - NBC 15 Online

it tells you lows/highs of all states and their averages. something must have happened to the MI/IL/WV/OH/IN area cause they all went up significantly, but almost all othe states have been going down???????

Hurricane Gustav from last week raised prices $.30 in Texas and it probably took that long for the price spike to get north. Gustav did zero refinery damage and the high price wasn't maintainable and one station near me dropped $.20 in one day, but then Ike was anounced and the Drops stopped and it started going back up.

When Ike turns out to be a dud as far as oil is concerned, it will drop again, probably to the lowest it's been in over a year.

As far as "greed" goes, duh. If someone will pay $40K for your GN, you won't sell it for $10K because you don't want to be greedy.

I didn't see any spikes here in Central FL when Gustav or Hannah passed by. The most it flucuated wasn't even $.10 in my area. Gas is still hovering around the 3.60 range for 87. :confused:

I didn't see any spikes here in Central FL when Gustav or Hannah passed by. The most it flucuated wasn't even $.10 in my area. Gas is still hovering around the 3.60 range for 87. :confused:

The cheapest gas in DFW Texas went from $3.26 to about $3.55 for a day for Gustav, then back to $3.32 and with Ike coming at us it's $3.50 again.

This is in 2 weeks. I was lucky enough to be empty on the lows.

If Ike really does hit the Houston Ship Channel as a Cat 4, I'd Guess gas goes over $4.00 (up $.74 from 2 weeks ago)

If its only a cat 2 at landfall, gas goes below $3.26/gallon in 2 weeks.

I'm hoping Ike's a dud.

I've got a dandy for you. I come into work this morning and a couple of the guys are in a panic about $5.00 gas because of Ike. Now I can believe $4.00 but no way $5.00. My reasoning is because of the surplus built up over the last month or so. It's not like Houston is the only place refining gas in this country, is it?:confused:

I've got a dandy for you. I come into work this morning and a couple of the guys are in a panic about $5.00 gas because of Ike. Now I can believe $4.00 but no way $5.00. My reasoning is because of the surplus built up over the last month or so. It's not like Houston is the only place refining gas in this country, is it?:confused:

my rough count is there are 12 oil refineries within 60 miles of houston.

I just hope Ikes a dud.

Already some reports of over $5.00 a gal here in Northern AL. I got half a tank last night for $3.45. This morning as I drove by the same place, $3.55. Now that station is over $4.00. Neet, huh? I will wait until the stupid passes before I fill back up, that is if it does by next week.

Some individual stations price gouge during a crisis. On the afternoon of the 9-11 tragedy, 2 gas stations in Arlington Hts., IL jacked their prices up 50% that afternoon and I always remembered that and never went to either again. I think that's a good way to take action... totally boycott... forever... any station that price gouges during a crisis.

Some individual stations price gouge during a crisis. On the afternoon of the 9-11 tragedy, 2 gas stations in Arlington Hts., IL jacked their prices up 50% that afternoon and I always remembered that and never went to either again. I think that's a good way to take action... totally boycott... forever... any station that price gouges during a crisis.

i would be willing to do that...but the only problem is that im in a little city up here and all the gas stations are the same:(

The prices are already starting to come down, at the ones that still have gas. My usual station hit $4.99 at 10 pm. This morning it was back down to $4.59.