Meth price

Silver Fox

What are you all paying for methanol? Cheapest I can find it in Albuquerque is between $5-$10 dollars a gallon (no kidding). Is this all over or I am just lucky here in New Mexico?

Rob

5 a gallon aint that bad. Considering 5 gallons should last 4-6 months.

When it comes in 5 gallon pails, the price goes up.

I talked to VP yesterday. A 5 gallon pail is going for $32.80 from them. If you want it shipped, it's another $40.00:eek: I can't find anyone in the Akron, OH area that carries it in the 5 gallon pails.

The trick is to find a VP dealer. Have them add a 5 gallon pail to their order and the shipping doesnt change.

Not to say looking for other sources like Torco, BP, Sunoco, etc.. all handle methanol.

And chemical distributors as well sell it. Methanol is methanol. Doesnt matter who's brand it is. Its all the same. Not like race gas that there are a bazzillion chemical combinations.

The trick is to find a VP dealer. Have them add a 5 gallon pail to their order and the shipping doesnt change.

Not to say looking for other sources like Torco, BP, Sunoco, etc.. all handle methanol.

And chemical distributors as well sell it. Methanol is methanol. Doesnt matter who's brand it is. Its all the same. Not like race gas that there are a bazzillion chemical combinations.

Thanks. The 3 dealers that I tried to call that are somewhat local really didn't offer up any alternative. I'll see if I can find a local number for one of those guys to see if I can get it. I looked at chemical companies in the phone book like Don Wang had suggested, just had no idea where to go with that (no one listed products and I didn't just want to start calling chem companies). Figured I'd end up back with denatured alcohol or seeing if some other product Home Depot sells would work. Thanks for your suggestions!

SF bay area supplier

i just emailed a local racegas manufacturer the other day, heres his response to my email.....just waiting for the alky kit to show up frome FT to buy some go-go juice!!!!

OUR PRICING AT THIS TIME ON METHANOL IS AS FOLLOWS:
$4.70/GAL - 1 - 16 GALLONS
$4.45/GAL - 16 - 110 GALLONS
$4.20/GAL - 110 - 550 GALLONS
$3.95/GAL - 550 - 1000 GALLONS
$3.85/GAL - 1000 - 8000GALLONS
ALL PRICING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL PRICING IS F.O.B. SAN LORENZO, CA.

NOTE: METHANOL IS A VERY PRICE VOLATILE PRODUCT. IF YOU PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT FOR PREPAID METHANOL, YOU WILL BE INVOICED AT THE PRICE IN EFFECT AT THE TIME YOU PICK UP YOUR METHANOL. PLEASE HAVE US CLARIFY THIS POLICY FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.

YOU CAN PREPAY ANY QUANTITY OF METHANOL AND THEN PICK-UP IN ANY INCREMENT THAT YOU MAY NEED. EXAMPLE: IN ORDER TO GET THE $4.20/GAL PRICING, YOU MAY DECIDE TO PREPAY FOR 110 GALLONS AND PICK-UP IN MUCH SMALLER INCREMENTS, SAY 5 GALS, OVER TIME. WE'LL BE HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU ON A PROGRAM LIKE THIS FOR PREPAID PURCHASES AT EITHER THE 110 GAL, 550 GAL, OR 1000 GAL LEVEL.

WE HAVE CONTAINER SIZES AVAILABLE OF 5G, 16G, AND 55G.

OUR WINTER SEASON HOURS FOR PRODUCT PICK-UP ARE 10:00AM - 4:00PM M-F AND 9:00AM - NOON ON SATURDAYS.

WE CAN ALSO SHIP TO ANY DESTINATION YOU WISH VIA COMMON CARRIER TRUCKER. IF YOU NEED THIS SERVICE, PLEASE ADVISE AND WE'LL COME BACK TO YOU WITH A QUOTE.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INQUIRY. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU.

RICK GOLD - OWNER
ERC RACING FUELS
PH: 510-276-9334 - X18
CELL: 510-414-3801
FAX: 510-297-5586

I just picked up a couple 55's. I paid $3.95 a gallon. 1 year ago it was $2.75 a gallon.

Thanks. The 3 dealers that I tried to call that are somewhat local really didn't offer up any alternative. I'll see if I can find a local number for one of those guys to see if I can get it. I looked at chemical companies in the phone book like Don Wang had suggested, just had no idea where to go with that (no one listed products and I didn't just want to start calling chem companies). Figured I'd end up back with denatured alcohol or seeing if some other product Home Depot sells would work. Thanks for your suggestions!

Typically they tell you they dont have it.

You have to ask "can I have you order me a 5 gallon pail on your next order?"

Then we see if they want your business :redface:

Places that deal in 2 cycle racing also carry it. And dont be afraid of rejection calling chemical companies. They need $$$ just like the rest of us.

"I need to buy 5 gallons of methanol... can you help me" ;)

If you have a go kart shop near you , they carry it for the race karts.
i just use the de natured alky from home depot. Its 15.00 per gal. but lasts a while.

thanks razor

Thanks for giving me all of those places to check for Meth. Finally found someplace that isn't too far away that carries Torco. Ended up paying $6.40 per gallon for a 5 gallon pail. :D