METCO Drop-In Fuel Cells

RKHiPerformance

Turbocharged Sex Cylinder
We are considering another production run of the fuel cells that fit the spare tire well of the G-body, previously offered by METCO Motorsports. These cells hold about seven gallons of fuel and can be fitted with a production fuel pump hanger to use a standard Buick in-tank pump.
These cells can be used for a 2nd fuel system to carry race fuel, as part of an alcohol injection system, or as a fuel tank replacement in a race application using an external pump.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Rick & Kristi
RKHiPerformance@aol.com

RKHiPerformance said:
We are considering another production run of the fuel cells that fit the spare tire well of the G-body, previously offered by METCO Motorsports. These cells hold about seven gallons of fuel and can be fitted with a production fuel pump hanger to use a standard Buick in-tank pump.
These cells can be used for a 2nd fuel system to carry race fuel, as part of an alcohol injection system, or as a fuel tank replacement in a race application using an external pump.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Rick & Kristi
RKHiPerformance@aol.com

What will be the price range?

HOW

It's too early in the process to pin down exact pricing, but an estimated price on the in-tank pump model would be about $200 and the external pump model may run around $180.

RKHiPerformance said:
It's too early in the process to pin down exact pricing, but an estimated price on the in-tank pump model would be about $200 and the external pump model may run around $180.

I may go with an "extra" tank on my 87. I'm working toward making the car into a flex fuel vehicle whereby I can run straight ethanol or at least the E85 stuff, and I'm trying to get a hold of how many $ it's going to cost to install a seperate fuel delivery system as opposed to coverting the existing system to handle the ethanol. My cost to "brew" the ethanol per gallon is estimated to be around .75 to 1.00, so if the gas stays high like it is now it won't take long for the system to pay for itself.

BTW, I'm shopping for a fuel pump that is compatible with the ethanol, ith pumping specs equal to the Walbro 340.

Thanks,
Jerry

I got the second to last one from the original run of 200. I love mine. They are advertised at 6.2 gallons, but if you use a stock hanger you have about 5 gallons useable. Still plenty for a 50 mile cruise. I could take a few pics of the install if anyone's interested.

I bought a bunch of them last year and only have two left. If you decide to do another run, count me in for a few more.

The external pump model has a threadsert on the bottom that accepts a #12 AN fitting.

Scott...Thanks for the correction on the capapcity.

Rick