Mercedes SL600 V12 convertible driver not too pleased.

Addicted2boost

SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW
I was on my way home from a friends house about 10 pm and I just got off I-95 to take a in town road to another expressway road. It was in the mid 40's. I was in the left lane and I came to a light. I had looked in my rearview mirror about 30 seconds prior to the light and noticed 2 whitish/blue baseball sized projector style headlights. He was in the right lane and it was a mercedes "Vert". I thought nothing of it and took off rather slow to let him in to get in front of me because the left turn only was about 50 yards up ahead. When he passed me and got in front of me, I saw "V12". I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: I was like OMG!!!!! I had seen a few in the big 4 door sedans, but not in a 2 door smaller car. Anyways he took the sharp turn left onto the expressway pretty strong. I saw the car lean as it accelorated. When I was straightened up thru the turn, I did a ricer fly by in the right lane to let him know I wanted to play. It was a 3 lane highway that turns into 2 lanes about 1/4 mile ahead. He get's on it as I was flying by then slowed down alittle waiting for him as I get in the center/right lane now. He was coming up pretty fast and I got on it. My car downshifted to second gear and hit 3rd a second or so later around 85mph. There was a car coming up pretty fast in my lane and used my blinker and got in the left lane. I was in front of him about 1/2 car length. I heard a strange noise from the front of my car and thought "Oh crap, is she gonna go?" A thought of slinging rods shooting out the side of the block was in my head. After a second or two, the noise was gone and the car was running beautifully just as it was the whole time. I got back in the right lane so I can see him pass me. The car shifted into 4th and I wasn't pulling on him and he wasn't passing me. But He had alot of room to pass me. I know we were going at least 120+ on the clear roads ahead of us. We both finally slow down. He slows waaay down and gets in the right lane to go to the expressway to the beaches. I then slow down some more and roll down my passenger window to give him a thumbs up. The adrenaline flowing in me was incredible. As he finally caught up with me, on his turn he just gave me what seemed like an eternity of a cold stare. He didn't wave or nothing. I didn't exactley kill him, but maybe he was pissed that he spent around $100K for his car and couldn't beat a V6 to his V12. I pushed the 2 recall buttons on my scanmaster and it said 129 and 115 mph. Is the 129mph the KR shown at that speed or was that the fastest that I went? Anyways I was just in awe as I got home. After I parked the car in the garage, I noticed my center upper windshield molding was gone!! :D I was laughing my ass off because I knew if I hadn't seen anything so obvious like that, I would have been stressin about what that noise was. But another thing that came to me was, I wonder if he was pissed because that windshield molding flew off and hit his car. :D :D :D

Thank goodness Mike McCoy has my back and sending me a windshield molding later on this week. :D :D

Very nice man. Those are great cars and very slick. They're not $100k fast, but still quick cars.

Congrats :cool:

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
I pushed the 2 recall buttons on my scanmaster and it said 129 and 115 mph. Is the 129mph the KR shown at that speed or was that the fastest that I went?
Sounds like fun. As for the ScanMaster, when you hold down the button on the right, it displays lowest o2 value on the left, and highest amount of knock retard on the right. While you are viewing those values and holding the right button, you can also press down the left button and it will display at what speeds those values were recorded. So your lowest o2 value occured at 129mph, and at 115mph the most timing was pulled.

Actually I feel like I was going over 130, but I didn't want to exaggerate. It felt more like 145. I need to get a 145 speedo. :D And haviong a t top car makes you feel like your going really fast due to the t top air rush noise.

Hahahaha! Good one Casey.
I'd be pretty pissed too if I spent over 100k on a car and took a "windshield molding whipping" from the "Millenium Falcon".

Btw, what originally was an "innocent little meeting" scheduled with an S2000, a turbo S2000, various rice, and a C36 AMG has mushroomed. They bailed on me on a cool afternoon (~40), claiming it was too cold to play, WTF? RIGHT! They did some research. Anyhooo, they are now dragging in some bigger guns, one being a modded Lightning. I may need to call you out to cover my back. :D

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
modded lightning. :eek: lemme wake up first. I'll be at the track tonight. Nice and cold out.

I know, but for me it can be questionable.

Good kill

You know what that moulding probably sounded like hitting his hood at a buck 25? THWACK

Well I wouldn't call it a kill by any means unless the molding killed his hood, windshield or top. But then again, I think at the speed we were going, I bet/hope it went over the car. Afterall it was lightweight aluminum and was probably airborn for a few seconds as opposed to a 50's heavy chrome metal trim piece that wouldn't waste time coming down sooner than that. ;)

Originally posted by scottyb
Hahahaha! Good one Casey.
I'd be pretty pissed too if I spent over 100k on a car and took a "windshield molding whipping" from the "Millenium Falcon".

Btw, what originally was an "innocent little meeting" scheduled with an S2000, a turbo S2000, various rice, and a C36 AMG has mushroomed. They bailed on me on a cool afternoon (~40), claiming it was too cold to play, WTF? RIGHT! They did some research. Anyhooo, they are now dragging in some bigger guns, one being a modded Lightning. I may need to call you out to cover my back. :D

I want to play too Mr. Barrett

Casey, how did you do at Jax?

Good one Casey. Hey, that's strange that your w/s molding flew off. I had an ElCamino and it flew off once too. I saw it happen and then it got run over. Must be a design flaw....Nice times too. I'm a little jealous.

John, you need to get a set of Fredrick's Racing heads and lower intake and you should be about where I'm at minus the .030 pistons and 206 cam.
BTW, what is that little girl giving to the Kangaroo? Is that your kid?

I just can't convince myself to open up this stock long block. I'll make it work somehow. Locking the trans and uncorking the exhaust might help....:D