Mercedes CLK convertable

tekprodave

By the track I heard the car loudly come if front of me with the hammer down in the opposite direction that I wanted to go. I had time to decide to chase him, turn the wheel, launch out onto the roadway, and still walked all over him. Maybe he should get a new pulley for the "Kompressor" He he

Can i ask how you pulled a 12.4 with an "untouched" LT1?

Scott

Originally posted by IrvJr
Can i ask how you pulled a 12.4 with an "untouched" LT1?

Scott

He he. I'm glad you asked that question. Basically everything else is modded. The car has the untouched LT1 and stock throttle body but tons of other mods. When I bought it the car ran 14.5+ with a 3" catback and dynamax muffler. Here are some mods:

1. AS&M headers and hi flo cat good for 4 tenths
2. 400lb weight loss good for at least 5 tenths
3. granatelli maf good for nothing, ok maybe 5 hundredths
4. 373 rear end gears good for 3 tenths
5. Vortech elbow and K&N intake good for about 2 tenths
6. tranny & converter by Bruce Toelle good for about 4-5 tenths at least!!
7. ET streets for traction and skinny's up front
8. 160 stat and hypertech tuning good for at least 2 tenths
9. underdrive pulleys good for nothing
10. Drag suspension to help with traction issues.

That just about covers it. I hope all that adds up. Anyway the car has virtually no interior but does have a/c still. It gets 100+ in sac so it's staying in. I do drive the car 95% of the time. The other 5% is when it's in the shop I drive another car. I also drag race it almost every wednesday at Sac raceway. It's definitely alot of fun. The car has 70k on it and is very strong. I'm going to dyno it for the first time on 11/9 just to see what's getting to the wheels. As far as I know I have the fastest bolton LT1 car and I still can add a Throttle body and roller rockers to gain about 2-3 tenths. With some more weight reduction (fiberglass hood, etc.) I could probably hit a high 11. I have a nitrous kit for it and plan to put an engine safe 150 shot on it for some mid 10's. That has been done before but it's not easy. The best I've heard of so far with that setup is 10.59 but it was a suicide run. I want to do it reliably. I believe I could but it's not going to be easy. Right now the tranny is slipping so it needs to go back to Bruce for a "freshen up". Bruce is going to post a pic of the car soon on his website. Although expensive and hard to work on, the car has been a blast from day one. :D

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a pretty potent set up.

I know Bruce, have talked to him a time or two. Good people.

Scott

Originally posted by IrvJr
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a pretty potent set up.

I know Bruce, have talked to him a time or two. Good people.

Scott

Yep. If you got one of his PTS Xtreme converters and some ET streets you'd probably take off at least 3 tenths. Maybe even 4 or 5 tenths:D

I could definitely use some traction off the line. Nittos just wont do it for me. I have heard only good things about his convertors, actually about all his shiznit.

Scott