Meet the new urban Juggernaut!! And family Rig..

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
got the suburban today! needs a bit of work... battery doesnt hold a charge well, and needs a new ground cable, needs a new radiator, oil change, the brake fluid is black and the brakes are spongy and go to the floor, new pads and rotors, and an A/C recharge.

got it on CL for 900 dollars was originally 1100. put in a new air filter, and PCV valve, and some more powersteering fluid. tomorrow, rotors, brake fluid, and battery.

for having these problems, it never once overheated on me on the way home!... LOTS of power and LOTS of legroom. Ive never driven anything this big and it handled like a car. I could even hit curbs with no worries:biggrin: went up the hills of downtown tacoma with no fuss or hesitation, 4wd works, and the trans shifts nice and smooth, and it handles and steers like a cadillac.

In the future, im gonna put in a 4:10 dually rear and some dually fenders from a 90s chevy dually, upgrade the brakes a bit, and a better cooling system.

Attachments

• 4035191138215_ORIG.jpg
    4035191138215_ORIG.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 6035191138245_ORIG.jpg
    6035191138245_ORIG.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 2035191383750_ORIG.jpg
    2035191383750_ORIG.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 393
  • the rig edited.jpg
    the rig edited.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 406
If you put in the 4:10's you will be lucky to get 12 mpg at best:eek:
That's with no load

If you put in the 4:10's you will be lucky to get 12 mpg at best:eek:
That's with no load

4:10s are the only dually rear i can think of besides 4:56s. I read online somewhere awhile ago of someone who made a 3.73 dually rear... that Long term though, and im gonna enjoy it for what it is:biggrin:

Why dont you just give it a spring cleaning and keep it clean and drive. Some good deals are not good deals if you sink a bunch of money in it.

Why dont you just give it a spring cleaning and keep it clean and drive. Some good deals are not good deals if you sink a bunch of money in it.

yeaah...yeah i know, and i got a buick sitting doing nothing at the time.. kinda sad... Im in the process of giving it a tune up and for its age its in decent shape, and dont really seem worth it to alter it at all.

why does it have hood pins?

ahhhh Matt you noticed:biggrin::biggrin: lets just say bodywork were not in the previous owners repitoire, and they just drilled holes in the hoods and put in hood pins to keep it from fluttering in the freeway. Im gonna go look for another hood tomorrow at pick-n-pull...

X2 I also got a 97 yukon gt lol!! Id get some chrome wheels off a newer burban and keep it clean mabye a newer style billet grille and some stock lookin led tails...tint the windows and hook it up on the inside...Clean and factory looking..drive and enjoy it...Another thing...These truck love to kill fuel pumps keep at least a quarter tank in it and use LUCAS fuel injection cleaner..Its the only one that has a oily consistency that helps lube the pump and keep it alive...Buy a suv jack from craftsman and keep it in the truck ive had mine for 6 years and one of the best investments ive ever made....

Conn84gn,

I think you may be dislexic. I think you were trying to say it will get 12 gallons to the mile. I thought our jeep commander was a gas hog. That thing will have a hard time making from gas station to gas station. I remember a friend in the Navy having one of those. He had a plaque on it that said "largest and most powerful sport utility vehicle on the planet.". That was when gas was a buck a gallon. I would hate to pay for a fill up. Ouch! If gas was cheaper it would be a blast though.

ahhhh Matt you noticed:biggrin::biggrin: lets just say bodywork were not in the previous owners repitoire, and they just drilled holes in the hoods and put in hood pins to keep it from fluttering in the freeway. Im gonna go look for another hood tomorrow at pick-n-pull...

while your there at pick and pull look for the parts i told you about (on FB).

the OBS body style will never die!!! you should visit fullsizechevy.com...lots of good information and good peeps there. here's my worktruck...2wd 92 Burb with a 350....white with black out trim so it looks like gave birth to my T Type lol.

182278_1751325616562_1041512162_31904516_6639650_n.jpg