Mecum Auction this weekend, Rockford IL

BlackBuick84

What's a turbo?
This weekend everyone, i'm excited. Theres gonna be an 82 GN an 87 GN, both will be up friday night coz theyre low lot #'s. Theres a 70 GSX too:eek: That one's on Saturday. And lastly...a hardtop cloth TTA! Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up coz there's gonna be some rare cars there that most people wouldnt consider bidding on. Now....where's my credit card w/ a $40k limit:confused: :)

Hhmm...maybe I'll put the link in for everyone.

The description of the '82 GN is a "cut and paste" from my website. I deserve royalties. ;)

Nice looking car. I wonder who's it is.

Got any details on the hardtop TTA? Miles etc?? Went to the website but it just said 1 of 15 made. I wasn't sure if you had seen it at the auction grounds or knew the owner.

Yeah, thats the same GN....it obviously didnt sell, but the dude's reserve was less than the price on ebay.

I didnt see the TTA unfortunately. Saw a 87 MC Aerocoupe, 70 GSX, a 88 Trans Am GTA w/ 1500 miles:eek: I seriously wanted that car. But I went friday night so alot of the cars werent there yet. I just checked the auction results but they havent been posted yet. I wanna see what the TTA and GTA went for, if they sold.

duh

the 82 came with the hood bulge from the factory, its just a bulge and has nothing to do with a turbo:cool:

The turbo hood only came on turbo cars.

So, most '82 GN's do not have turbo hoods since they do not have turbo motors. Only the ~25 or so '82 GN's with turbo motors came with turbo hoods.

BUT, it's not too hard to change the hood as has happened with this car. It's VIN indicates it's a base model with a 4.1 V6 and it clearly doesn't have a turbocharger on it from the engine picture.

I have evidence to back up my claims. ;)

sorry

didnt mean to ruffle any feathers but ive seen four 82's and they all had bulged hoods without turbos. just my observation:cool: