Mechanic needed

Hunter Dog

Guys
My car sits until I can drive it to a mechanic who has the ability to test the turbo and fix my black beast. It was in a shop for a month, no luck. They had changed mechanics and I don't feel confident in them. The car cut out on way home four times and died. Almost did not make it home. They said ECM and MAF were checked. Put in new coil, new plugs, new wires and 02 sensor. No luck, it's worse now than before I took it in. Looking for shop or mechanic within 30 miles of Evansville, Indiana..which is in far southern tip of Indiana. Appreciate anything I can get back.
Thank you for your time.

If you are willing to trailer it, then contact Kevin Hess! He's on the board as TurboT990 and in Muncie Indiana!!!! Good Luck

It looks like it. Not beyond me over the winter to let someone have the car for month or two if needed to go over it top to bottom. It has been completely repainted, new window grim, labels, under body, inside, it's in great shape. Just need someone who can look at turbo, transmission, and things of that nature to get it running right for all the time it has been sitting in the garage and in between driving it. Thanks for your reply once again..much appreciated. Jay

No prob contact him on the site. He has a buddy that ships auto transport so maybe you can have it shipped to and from him. Id say its worth a shot to contact him Jay! Good Luck let me know how you make out.

Members..sorry for the delay in responding. Been buried at work, coaching baseball and working on the car with a new friend and long time member to this board, Bill Thompson. Bill came up to see me with a part in hand, which happened to be the part needed, the MAF Sensor. He noticed some other things needed in terms of parts, some labor, some TLC. Parts were ordered from Turbo Tweak and Kirbans and are now installed. After spending a number of hours with Bill I can say he is a terrific guy, super knowledgeable, detailed, and a true professional. The car is now running like it probably did almost 30 years ago and I can't wait to get behind the wheel again. I find it hard to believe there is anyone out there on this board or not on this board who knows more about a GN and who is more qualified to give someone like me an honest opinion and expert advice. I feel very blessed to have become a customer and friend to Bill Thompson. I do not plan to take the car anywhere else. I strongly suggest that anyone who has an issue with a GN that they contact Bill through this forum. Jay