mease i/c question

confusedgn

I am about to install a mease slic in a car. I didn't get the mounting brackets with the cooler. what brackets do I use. factory brckts? I can see where the drvr side will work but the pass. side factory will have to be cut if used? could someone with a mease post some pics of one installed?

thanks in advance
Mouse

the mease stretch made from stock cores requires the stock passenger side bracket to be cut out at the bottom of the bracket to clear , the drivers side stock bracket will work as is

thats what I was thinkin. Thinkin I might try to fab up the pass. side bracket so i don't have to ruin factory brkt. Shouldn't be to hard.

Thanks again,
Mouse

the mease stretch made from stock cores requires the stock passenger side bracket to be cut out at the bottom of the bracket to clear , the drivers side stock bracket will work as is

This is what I had to do for mine.
Cut the PS bracket, DS bracket as is

ok. after going out and draggin i/c in the house(garage isnt heated) the drvr side has a ext bracket on it. but the pass side is goin to take a different bracket. theres a block on the back of the i/c that has 2 bolts in it. no provisions for the factory bracket to bolt to side of it. this freckin thing is huge. front scoop is sheetmetal with cut-outs for the sway bar. so now does anyone have an idea for it mount up on pass side?

Thanks,
Mouse

If you have Meases 24 row aluminum intercooler- the passenger side bolts up with 3/8" threaded rod into the waterpump /block holes-there will be no other bracket than this on the passenger side-the reason is for maximum ground clearance and a stronger mounting position. I had him convert my 24 BGC IC to his mounting system, you will need 2 -3/8" about 5"-6" long which replaces the waterpump bolts that go through the water jacket in the block so these bolts will need RTV sealant on them. Are you able to post any pics of your IC?

If you have Meases 24 row aluminum intercooler- the passenger side bolts up with 3/8" threaded rod into the waterpump /block holes-there will be no other bracket than this on the passenger side-the reason is for maximum ground clearance and a stronger mounting position. I had him convert my 24 BGC IC to his mounting system, you will need 2 -3/8" about 5"-6" long which replaces the waterpump bolts that go through the water jacket in the block so these bolts will need RTV sealant on them. Are you able to post any pics of your IC?

This setup sounds like the Mark Jackson strethched I.C. for the passenger side bracket :rolleyes:

100_0153.jpg

My BGC was modified by Mease so both bracket setup are there.

mine is also like that although there is an additional bolt on bracket that bolts through the waterpump mounting bolt holes.

mounting points

hey 49 blues can you post a pic of how this mounts to I/C. And which bolt do I pull from w/p. If you can/will post a pic of w/p area and I/C mounting point.

Thanks,
Mouse

The ic is at my other house in the country-maybe this weekend after i pick up my new 12 bolt rear.

I see your online....Mouse...you need to respond to my private message I left you on the Chicagoland Buick Board...before I make this deal very public