Mease down pipe wont bolt to exhaust

85HOT-T

I have a mease three inch down pipe, with a test pipe. The down pipe is about 3 inches off from my exhaust. Its is a stock exhaust with flows. I can force them to line up but they are crooked, wont match flat. Has anyone else had this problem. If so how did you fix it. Thanks

Matt

I just installed a mease downpipe on my white 87 limited last week, i didnt get a test pipe, but asked around and the testpipe should measure 18 inches over all.
Is the beginning of your cat back hooked to the factory hanger off the back of the transmission?
BW

Yeah i think so. It looks like factory. Its is not hooked anymore, becuase I had to cut the nuts off. They were to rusted to break off. I will measure the test pipe. Maybe that is the problem. You would think exhaust work would be easy huh. :confused:

Exhaust work is never easy when things dont line up! :biggrin:
If you can reuse the hanger, that would put your baseline of where the cat back exhaust is supposed to begin.
Is your car converted over to a 87 setup, i was just wondering if the 85s have a different length test pipe than the 86 and 87s?
BW

No i actually have an 87. My 85 was stolen, in the gheto. You know how that goes its just another regal to put 22"s on. I just have never changed my name. To lazy and everyone knows me as 85 hot-t.

Oh ok, well, then it should be 18 inches long tip to tip. Check it out, maybe thats whats wrong?
BW

Ah ha. It is only 11 3/4". I guess that is were my problem lie huh. Thanks a lot quick. I appreciate it.

Oh and who did u get you test pipe from. Should I buy a mease. I would like a dump in it too.

When did you guys get your d/p. I ordered mine from Keith in april and he still says he is working on it.

85 ttypewh1 said:
When did you guys get your d/p. I ordered mine from Keith in april and he still says he is working on it.
I ordered my in march!!!! And, Yes... Keith is still "working" on it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats what i did, i purchased mine used, and it didnt come with a testpipe-

What i did was purchase a 11 3/4 ss testpipe and had it cut in the middle and a 6 1/4 ss section welded in the middle to give a overall length of 18 inches TOTAL. Thats what i would do, alot cheaper than spending 80 bucks just for a testpipe w/o a dump.

You dont need a dump man, these cars are supposed to be nice and quiet :biggrin:

BW

Oh, slide your test pipe back 6 inches and see if it will line up with the rest of your exhaust.
Hopefully thats all is whats wrong with your car, wrong length test pipe
BW

its nice to be quiet but its fun to be loud. lol. I will check that out hopefully that is the problem. I am ganna get the electronic gate for the dump. Open that thing up when some fool wants to line em up. Plus it makes the turbo sound incredible, boy do I love that sound!

mec108 said:
I ordered my in march!!!! And, Yes... Keith is still "working" on it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you been able to get ahold of him, i have called, emailed, left messages, and emailed his brother and nothing.
I am sure i will get the pipe just would be nice to know when.

hey guys- i was just at keiths shop friday- hes a great guy, youll get your parts. sometimes he does take a while to get to finish some of his stuff, but when you get it- it will be well worth the wait. hes a perfectionest, he works weird hours so he wont always be there to pick up the phone. my first expeirience was great with him, ill definatly do buisness with him again

by the way his plenum and throttle body combo is awsome- and looks mean too :biggrin:

I am sure I will get my part. When i do get ahold of him he gives me a reason why it is not done and the reason makes sense. But 2 weeks ago he said he got the pipes back from the hot coating and would ship them out on Monday. That was 2 weeks ago. Just wish he would level with me and tell me what is going on.

ajt86 said:
hey guys- i was just at keiths shop friday- hes a great guy, youll get your parts. sometimes he does take a while to get to finish some of his stuff, but when you get it- it will be well worth the wait. hes a perfectionest, he works weird hours so he wont always be there to pick up the phone. my first expeirience was great with him, ill definatly do buisness with him again

by the way his plenum and throttle body combo is awsome- and looks mean too :biggrin:

3 years later and the same excuses :rolleyes:
Well worth the wait MY ASS! These guys ordered parts in march and april now its SEPTEMBER, thats the entire summer without their parts :rolleyes:
BW

i didnt make an excuse- i just said it was well worth the wait, i love the parts. my car isnt exactly ready to go so i dont mind waiting.