MB Quart Tweets are Killing me!

Badd Azz TTA

Finally got the Picture
Hi,

I need to have more control over my tweeters,I have them running through the Quart Passive X-over on the lowest db terminals,running from my Lanzar X-over first.They sound great at low volumes and alot of music they have no problems with.

I was wondering,Do I need a in-line high blocker or something.

Do I need to run them off of a separate source?Another amp,Or the Head unit front side?

Thanks
JW

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

have you tried just aiming them differently? I have head a lot of people with that complaint with those tweets, sometimes them just moving them off-axis will help.

other than that there are several options, one of which would be to get a good eq to lower those higher freq's.

I think I'm going to try moving them,I have them in my Lightning 93' (just above the door,at the end of the sunvisor)Couldn't be much closer to your ears.

I have heard that they are bright so they can be mounted off axis,I think I am going to move them down towards the kick panels,or on the lower part of the door pannel.

Thanks,
JW:D

Do you have the standard cross overs ? or the Musicomp cross overs ?

The standard ones are evil, the Musicomps will sound 20 times better.

yeah ,I believe I have the standard ones,I have the dsd 216's

I moved the tweets so they point straight down,Better but still way too much.

Would it be worth it to buy the Musicomp cross overs ?

Should I run another amp to them and tune them through my electronic X-over?

Thanks
JW

:D

Just buy the Musicomps.........best money you will ever spend...........then you can angle them properly instead of at the floor...............

Are they the Discus set ? How old are they ?

Hey,

Yeah they are Discus line,I got them about a year ago.I have them in the front ,In the rear I have the Dkd 116 coaxials.

I look for some Music comps.Is it true the Quart was sold to Rockford Fosgate?Also I heard that Most of the Quart employees went to JL Audio?

Thanks again
JW

They were bought out by Rockford, Only one of the key personel did not move to AZ with the rest of the people, and no one that I know there moved to JL, they are all in AZ now. The speakers are still made where they always have been made.

You might want to look on eBay for a little better quality set of Quarts for the fronts, it depends on which Discus you have, the newer ones are fine, as they are their top of the line speakers several years ago.........the really old Discus where the grill was part of the mid and the tweeter had no grill are not that good.

I am on a Quest for the Music Comp X-over,Seems like they made a whole Bunch of them,

Any Idea's if they are all good?There are abunch on E-Bay right now.

I am going to get a set that was with the Q-series at Least.Seems like the 218.03 is pretty popular.I am thinking about getting the QM130.03/160.03.They look almost the same,the 218 is smaller.

Here is a listing of them from Quarts site:

Music Comp X-Overs

Thanks Again,
JW