MB Quart install&Sub ?

Blkt6

1. I have a set of MB Quart 5 1/4 seperates for the door.There looks like there a extra hook up on the cross over. i figure 1 is for the incoming signal,2 is for the mid,3 is for the tweeter,whats the 4 one for?

2. Whats the best way to face a speaker box w/2 10" subs.Towards the seat or toward the rear,maybe facing each other.I havent built the box yet so any ideas. :

Originally posted by Blkt6
1. I have a set of MB Quart 5 1/4 seperates for the door.There looks like there a extra hook up on the cross over. i figure 1 is for the incoming signal,2 is for the mid,3 is for the tweeter,whats the 4 one for?

2. Whats the best way to face a speaker box w/2 10" subs.Towards the seat or toward the rear,maybe facing each other.I havent built the box yet so any ideas. :

1) If you look at the x-over, it should be labeled what everything is. It could be a different x-over frequency or a steeper x-over slope to choose from.

2) Facing the direction of subs has been a debate so if they are sealed then it would probably sound better facing them toward the taillights but try facing toward the seat and see which way they sound the best.

If you look at the thread called "Trunk as a speaker box" you will see a pic of how I built mine. I have mine facing the back seat with plenty of room for subs to breath and I also have 2 3" x 13" ports that are feeding the bass sound into my car through the rear deck. The sound and volume is very impressive, and doing the modification was well worth the time and effort to get the low end sound that I wanted.

The extra hookups are probably for bi-amp capability. Most MB Quart crossovers I've seen have them. Meaning if you have seperate tweeter and mid-woofer amps you can still use the crossover - you would have 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Sounds like it would be overkill (electronic crossover and passive). But every MB Quart crossover I've seen has a tweeter protection circuit as well as Zobel impedance. MB Quart crossovers are about as good as it gets!!!

I have a pair of Quarts, haven't had them in anything for a while, but I thought the x overs had a treble attenuation setting... one set of hookups for hotter highs maybe?...

i think GNandTTA is on the money. Most of those quarts are bi-ampable. A cool feature, but pointles IMO. If you need more power just replace your amp with a bigger one, not add another....

ALL OF U ARE ABSOLUTLY CORRECT.!!!...DEPENDING ON WHICH CROSSOVER UR LOOKING AT!

THE BLACK CROSSOVERS HAVE A -3 AND A -6 db ATTENUATION

THE CLEAR MUSICOMP CROSSOVERS HAVE BIAMPABLE INPUTS...
the attenuation is controlled by jumpers

SO THE LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE IS BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT U HAVE...

LUV YA ALL N MERRY CHRISTMAS

SUREJ