maxed out fuel to get it to run decent

Qwkspool

I have been lurking and learning for a few months now. I have a problem with my 87 GN. I did the spring cleaning recently. The car came with a walbro fuel pump. I have added a hotwire, 60 lb injectors, accufab FPR, tin man cold air kit, lt1 maf/translator. My problem seems to be fuel pressure. I have 2 powerlogger files to look at. One is a WOT run and the other is idling. The one idling, I had the hose off the regulator and then put it back on. I noticed with the hose off, my fuel pressure seems to be jumping from 45-49 psi, and is 37-39 psi with the line on. You can see at 16 lbs of boost, it is only getting 57-59 psi. To get the AFR you see in the logs, I have added 20% fuel to all WOT. I know this cant be right because its a stock engine, turbo combo with a TT chip. I just replaced the fuel filter not even 500 miles ago and the fuel pressure doesn't seem to be dropping off so I am not sure if its a bad pump. can anyone help me out? I have an ALKY kit sitting here waiting to be put on but I want to get this running perfect before I do that.

Attachments

• 2.dat
    114 KB · Views: 21
  • idle.dat
    125.4 KB · Views: 17
Pumps can be finicky, put in a known good pump and go from there. Been there.

do you have a known good fuel pressure refulator?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Well fuel pressure regulator is brand new. So I'm trusting its good. It's weird because if you look at the pl logs, when its at idle and the line is off the regulator then the fuel pressure is jumping up and down between 45-49. It thought it was supposed to be pretty steady with the line off. My afr is good at wot and 16 lbs of boost but like I said, I had to add max fuel to get it there and I know that's not right. Plus by looking at my logs, I can see boost and fuel pressure aren't rising 1:1.

there are much smarter and more experienced guys than me on this board.

mentors are always asking same questions about fuel supply and tough to do much until you are certain it is adequate and consistent

not sure if asked in this thread but have you read your plugs? another consistent question from those in the know.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app