max effort-r

Originally posted by aligator
can anyone tell me if the Max Effort -R Fuel injection System is any good

MAFless-R?.
Good enough to run 9s.
Not to mention Steve supplies good customer service.
One of it's key ingredients is being TR specific, it keeps you in the neighborhood. With some other tuning stuff, you can miss the tune by a mile, and think you're not too far off.

max effort

can you tell me if the combo i got is good enough to run 9s .this is in my car: 87 Buick Turbo-T 235cid V-6 .20 J&E pistons steel main caps and Main Girdle. HYD roller cam shaft internal balanced BHJ balancer and JW the Wheel SFI flex plate. C&C Ported Champion ALUM heads and Intake. Poston Headers HPC coated. 72 pound injectors Max Effort -R Fuel injection System. PT-72 Turbo with full 3 inch exhaust. Large ESP front mount intercooler. Built TH-200R4 9inch convertor 3800 Stall. Built 10 bolt 8.5 rear end full spool 33 spline axles . 15 gallon fuel cell with Aeromotive fuel pump -10 feed line and -6 returnhis combo i can run 9s

It appears that you have the parts to run at least in the low 10's but it depends on many other things. 60' times, weight of the car, skill of the driver, tuning, etc.

the car is 3200lbs with driver 60foot is 1.44 and i have been racing for 13 years and have a 7sec buick regal with an 615 big cheif head what do you think

3200 lbs with driver is great; you should have the parts to make the hp to run a 9. I highly recommend a wide band oxygen sensor for tuning. I have the Innovative LM1 and like it a lot; with sensor input module it will total $500-550 and Mike Licht at Full Throttle and Eric (Taffy) at bnecustom both have good prices. The PLX M500 also looks good at about the same price but I haven't personally used one. Good luck.

the other thing is should i put a th400 with a brake or leave a 200r4 in it and have you ever used the max effort

The lm1 is $349 list, and has five channels of 0-5 V analog input, but if you want to log rpm you need either the rpm converter (rpm plus 4 channels of 0-5 V analog input) for $99 or the aux box (rpm plus built in map sensor, accelerometer, thermocouple inputs, etc) for $150. I got the rpm converter before the aux box was ready and log rpm, tps, and a 3 bar map sensor, pus wbo2, of course. I tried just using tps to line up the wbo2 with directscan but it works much better with rpm. See http://www.innovatemotorsports.com for all the details on these and other new products like the digital gauge display, the heat shield bung spacer, and so on.

You will get lots of comments on the 200 vs 400, but my $0.02 comes down to how many miles will you drive it on the street, and how many wot shifts will you make on the street? At your power level my personal belief is that a 200 only has somewhere between 300 and maybe 600 WOT shifts for each gear (300 1-2's, 300 2-3's, etc.). This is based on the experiences of several friends in the 10's to the 12's, my car at 12.0, and 200's from PTS, DelTrans, and a couple of local shops, and watching/helping with at least 30 trans R&R's over the last 3 years for various trans and converter failures. If you are going to turn down the power and not push it on the street a 200 will last a long time. If it's a trailer queen making 75-100 passes a summer on the track, it will last even longer. If you keep the power up and rack up 20-50 wot shifts per weekend, a 200 is hard pressed to last three months. The 400 will last and last and last and the initial install is cheaper than a top of the line built 200. Your car is lighter than most which will help a lot, but even so my recommendation would be to run the 200 til it breaks, then go 400.

I've never personally used a max effort but know at least one friend with a me-r and he loves it. His best et is about 10.8 so far.

thanks for the info its a del trans by the way it came with the car and if you need anything i work for chris at ck performance on the weekends too

Originally posted by aligator
can anyone tell me if the Max Effort -R Fuel injection System is any good

ME-R owner here. Steve is awesome. He will check in with you periodically to see how things are and will share information about other users with you that are running the same or close to your setup.

The system is cool as hell. I also need to get WB02 for some real tuning. I noticed an immdiate improvment in drivability which is key for me since I still drive my car on the street. Having no MAF to worry about is great. :)

ME-R is the sh&t !

I'm a ME-R user and it is the best money I have ever spent on this car........take a look at this link...ME-R

......if you have any questions, fire away, we can answer them...

I beleive .Ive been running the R since sept of 2002.many improvments over the years . When I plugged one of the first ones in the car it ran better than ever.Steve Y ALWAYS checks in and has become a good friend even though we have never met.
Dwayne I wanted to call you and talk about that awsome run you made last fall .I want to get those secrets from you :D

What's up Bobby????????......I'm getting ready to install a H&R rear swaybar set-up to keep this sumbitch on the ground when I launch, also gettin' an 8 point cage next month....ME-R is the best...hands down !