Max Effort MER only adjusts up

VADER

Little engine that could
Hi, trying to tune this MER, I can only get the #s to increase regardless of a/c setting. I have tried charging the battery due to low voltage, but doesnt work.

Does Steve still have a website, or does no one use this system anymore?

My computer is down, so I cant check back for a day, thanks!

Think the numbers only went up and then cycled. Start at 128 goes to 150 then starts at 105. Something like that.

Been 7 years since I messed with one.

Eric Marshall may know as he worked with Steve some time ago. He now makes an SD chip that will work with the 3 bar

My ac did not work at the time so I just used a toggle switch to simulate the 12v trigger.

Key on in Drive, numbers went up/down by pressing the throttle depending if the toggle was on or off. I did end up looking at the wrong cell a few times when I was wondering.....why isn't the number changing? lol

The big question is does your AC work?? If not then you will only be able to get it to go one way...If I remember correctly you have to jump the plug on the Dryer Canister to make it work if your AC is out.

Yup I remember the gas pedal deal now. I think i'm confusing it with the turbo tweak chips that cycle.

So if you didnt have AC, then you couldnt change the numbers. I think you had to go and jump the switch by the dryer to make the change. I remember someone jumping the dryer and leaving it jumped... 10 miles latter their compressor seized and it spit the serpentine belt and the compressor caught on fire :eek:

The big question is does your AC work?? If not then you will only be able to get it to go one way...If I remember correctly you have to jump the plug on the Dryer Canister to make it work if your AC is out.

Collin beat me to it :D

Back again, a/c works. Is it the switch that does it, or the vacuum? I may try running it up until it starts over again to get to my settings I want.

Thanks.

its the .........

switch,
also... your Park /netural switch MUST be operable!
if no a/c you can jumper 12v on pin B8 of the ecm will make the ac request input come on . hook a momentary button to activate.

Update, my a/c was not working, low freon, I jumped it, and now it works. My battery is dead though, so I have to check to see if my ME will program now.

Does Steve still make these? I would like to see if he can just do a burn into the chip for my settings to stay permanent.

Thanks.

FYI, my computer isnt working at home, so its hard for me to get on here and post.