max effort fuel mileage

tajohn

i just wondering how the fuel economy is with the max effort chip and 50 pound injectors. are these easy to tune to go between race and street?

really depends upon how you drive...ME should give you good mileage as you can set the cruise very lean. I have three cars with MEs and I get pretty good mileage if I try. I don't try very often, tho.

keep in mind, the ME is a race oriented chip, so fuel economy probably doesn't enter the equation.....it is very easy to switch to low timing for street use (you still have to adjust your boost....no boost control in the chip)

if your application is mainly street, dunno if the ME is the right choice (unless you are using alky....then it works great on the street)

i was just reading the other post about ta49 and injectors i think the accel 36's would be better for what i want to do. mostly steet.

I used to run a ME with blue tops and a TE44, was the best I ever had. But, I would suggest you try a Thrasher to begin with...the price is right and proven with the combo.

Although not 50s, I got great milage with 72# injectors. On one trip , about 1.5 hrs long i got about 20-22 MPG on the highway at an average of 80 mph. This was with the chip set on the leanest highway fuel setting with out letting the car surge.