MAX EFFORT chip, anyadvice I am new to this

GTABurnout

I just bought a Max Effort chip for my TTA. It is made to work with my 50lbs injectors. Problem being I have little to no clue how to use it. Can I still use my scanmaster? Is there any thing I should watch out for or and other advice you can give a new max effort owner...

Thanks in advance, unless no one helps in which case, I will re post...;)

Since it no longer uses the stock O2 sensor the best tools to get for use with the chip are a wideband O2 kit and an EGT meter.

The scanmaster still works but the blms and the int give you maxeffort chip parameters not useful data.

O2's still read but the chip won't use them.

Yup the stocker will read as good as it did before.

Many use the ME chip to run pure race gas and they don't even look at the O2 readings just the KR and the EGT's and read the plugs too.

Never have to replace the O2 sensor with the ME chip. :)

I never run race gas but used the ME and put the wideband in there for tuning the car. Worked well and was within a couple of tenths of the dyno wideband.

anyone have any tips on getting a good base tune out of it...
Seems really fat through out the RPM range...

Mine was good on the defaults.

Was Steve's first chip for the Bosch 43 injectors, a bit lean on the top end if anything.

You can take fuel out during spoolup and for idle settings with the chip.

I'd be using a wideband O2 however to trust the readings.

Who did you get it from and what version is it?

The thumbwheel controls your wot fuel so if you are fat just click down till it comes into range.

Steve

I bought it from a guy on this board. The chip has written on it...

"50 MSD"
"90310"

Did you make a 50 MSD chip? I think maybe this is an older one. Also if it is an older one will the numbers still meke for the same adj...

Please help this is going to screw up my combo iff its wrong...

Thats a very old 50 chip. It is not even programmable.
You will need to remove the screens from the stock airmeter for best operation and set FP 38 to 43 for best driveability. The TW controls the wot fuel.
Is it an 8 or 16 position?
Steve