Mass air sensor for translator

turbo87regal

Can I just go to a junk yard and pull any 3" or 3.5" newer style GM mass air sensor to use with a translator or does in need to be from specific cars or trucks?

Thanks

Yep! The 3" LT1 MAF is also used on most 94-05 3.1/3.4 FWD cars. The 3.5 LS1 MAF is also used on 00-05 Caddy Northstars(that also includes Aurora and Bonneville). These are the most common models I see in the Self Service yards. If you're looking in the Full Service yards have them run a cross reference in the Hollander Catalog as there are a lot of trucks that also used them.

Can I just go to a junk yard and pull any 3" or 3.5" newer style GM mass air sensor to use with a translator or does in need to be from specific cars or trucks?

Thanks

If you don't want to go hunting for one, I have a 3in LT1 MAF for sale $50

Thanks.

Thanks Turbofish38, Thats what I thought about the 3" sensors but I figured I would ask before I started chasing problems because I ghad the wrong sensor. Also good info on the Auroras as I saw 2 at a local junk yard a couple days ago so I might grab one of those too for when I need a bigger sensor.

So it looks like I will try go get off work a little early today and head to the junk yard:D

Thanks for the offer Madcat455 I will get in touch with you if I cant find one.

On the Aurora MAF you can't use the 95-99 models. They bolt to the TB. Only the 01-03 model. Same for the other Northstars.:smile:

I noticed that on the 2 Auroras at the junk yard yesterday and they had a Northstar cadillac but the sensor was gone:( I did get the LT1 style sensor off a newer FWD oldsmobile with the 3100 and it works great. Throttle response seems better than ever so now I just have to play around with the adjustments on this Gen2 translator to get the most out of the car.

Thanks again Turbofish