mass air flow

It's an apples and oranges comparison. Much like comparing a 20 year old stock radiator to a brand new Fbody unit. It's comparing more than one factor as one is clogged to hell and back and the other will flow freely.

If your stock MAF has wandered and sending out compromised data on a hot street engine the LS1 upgrade is night and day and might save your engine...
If your engine is stock and your stock MAF is dead nuts on the money, you aren't going to get much in the way of performance. Only piece of mind and longevity.

In my opinion, the ONLY reason to choose a stock MAF over an LS1 is because you can't swing the money to get the LS1 and a translator. I did the math a while back and the LS1 is the way to fly as far as flowable cross section area relative to a 3"OD MAF pipe. (the extra whistle and faster boost is kinda sweet too)

agree with earl, ls1 is what i run with translator & track test prove it to kick the stock mafs ass!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

to know that, you have to know how accurate your current MAF is and it's response rate. The response rate of the new style MAF's are far better than the stocker on it's best day. As far as the calibration and accuricy of the stock unit, that's case by case depending on the deviation. The HP gain will be solely dependent on that.

If you have to have a 'holy shit!' moment on the butt dyno to justify upgrading, don't bother. It's not that kind of upgrade (until the stock unit dies)

i dont know but with the maf & translator purchase plus having it tuned it picked up 3tenths on the track

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app