Mark Hueffman's Hot Air/Cold Air Kit

RagTopRiv

Turbo Riviera Brother
Hello Hot Air Brothers,

I was thinking about getting one of Hueffman's Hot Air/Cold Air kits for my Riviera. Has anybody tried this? How well does it work? Thanks for your help!

i BOUGHT MARK HUFFMEN COLD AIR KIT FOR MY 1985 GN LAST YEAR. THE UNIT PERFORMS EXACTLY AS HE STATES AND LOOKS VERY SHARP. THE UNIT INCREASED PERFORMANCE ON MY CAR 15HPS. IN MY CARS CASE, THE COLD AIR KIT REALLY HELPED MY CAR AFTER I CHANGED THE EXHAUST HEADERS, CAT, AND HIGH FLOW EXHAUST SYSTEM.

THE UNIT IS REALLY LOOKS SHARP ON AN 85 GN AND WORKS VERY WELL.

GOOD LUCK- BRAD

Originally posted by BRAD_PADGETT
i BOUGHT MARK HUFFMEN COLD AIR KIT FOR MY 1985 GN LAST YEAR. THE UNIT PERFORMS EXACTLY AS HE STATES AND LOOKS VERY SHARP. THE UNIT INCREASED PERFORMANCE ON MY CAR 15HPS. IN MY CARS CASE, THE COLD AIR KIT REALLY HELPED MY CAR AFTER I CHANGED THE EXHAUST HEADERS, CAT, AND HIGH FLOW EXHAUST SYSTEM.

THE UNIT IS REALLY LOOKS SHARP ON AN 85 GN AND WORKS VERY WELL.

Hello Brad, I know the kit works well on a GN... I was wondering if anyone has tried to put it on a Turbo Riviera and if it works well and/or if there were any complications/modifications that needed to be made, etc. Thanks!

go to
www.buickgn.com

thats the Site Mark sells them on
i know theres a few pics on the webpage !

its nice kit, i have one as well.
really makes yer car whistle , especially if you got the ATr downpipe 2.5

~brian

I bought one and just the sound alone makes it worth it. I can hear it sucking in air from a block away. It kind of scares people and makes the turbo sound great. Im thinkin of parting out the car for a new project and would sell it. Its still perfect looking.

Originally posted by HotAirGN
I bought one and just the sound alone makes it worth it. I can hear it sucking in air from a block away. It kind of scares people and makes the turbo sound great. Im thinkin of parting out the car for a new project and would sell it. Its still perfect looking.

Thanks guys, but my question still remains: Will it work on a Turbo Riviera?? Thanks for your help!

:confused: Come on guys, 157 views and nobody can answer my question? Surely there's a Turbo Riv owner in here somewhere that has tried this... Please help!

Thanks!

well u figure if the blok is a 3.8 and its a hotair and the turbo and throttle body r located in the same place as a 84 85 GN it has to work i dont see y not but if its setup differently the only place to get that answer is from mark himself im sure there a number or email u can ask him about it goodluck:D

Any cold air kit will increase the horsepower of any car. Mark huefffman will tell ypu the spec.s- Just ask him. He told me the truth on my cold air kit. Brad

Okay... Thanks guys. I just wanted to see if any Riv owner has had success with the kit. :)

Anyone have a part number for the K&N filter that goes on the Big Mouth kits for an 87 GN>

I dont have one on my Riv but the only issues I could see might be the bend isn't tight enough and may rub on the power brake booster and it could probally be an inch longer before it attaches to the MAF. I have often thought of building my own out of pre bent aluminum tubing that you can get from aircraft and race car suppliers. My thinking is the pipe should be bent exactly like the factory plastic tube and Marks GN kit doesn't like like its bent that way.

ACCEL COOL BLUE in JEGS LATEST CAT

Originally posted by turbofish38
I dont have one on my Riv but the only issues I could see might be the bend isn't tight enough and may rub on the power brake booster and it could probally be an inch longer before it attaches to the MAF. I have often thought of building my own out of pre bent aluminum tubing that you can get from aircraft and race car suppliers. My thinking is the pipe should be bent exactly like the factory plastic tube and Marks GN kit doesn't like like its bent that way.
:)

HI Eric: , HEY RAG TOP RIV, did you get the EMail from BLACKHAWK 38 < me, also after that I fowarded you the NEW Accel cool blue Unit featured in the latest JEGS yellow catalog on page 209, 70MM is the correct diameter for our 2 3/4" MASS air Flow sensors, THIS looks like a Flexible COOL system.

Eric , what's going on?

Regards, BlackHawk 38