March 14th, 2014 Dyno Session with Hartline Performance - Amsterdam NY

fullahotair

Anyone interested in partaking in a Dyno Session with Cal Hartline on March 14th, 2014 in Amsterdam, NY please let me know.

We have three cars signed up so far (PDZZ, 434Nova, and myself), with a 4th being a tentative pending completion of motor rebuild. We are looking to get up to 6 cars (those who indicate they will definitely partake will receive preference over those who are "maybe")

More than 6 may be possible, but will likely be stretching the available time on the dyno . If we get more than 6, we'll figure something out at that point...as there are some options available like possibly getting some dyno time in on Thursday (but that has not been confirmed). I'll worry about that when we get more than 6 cars signed up....

Realizing the date is a few months away, I figure it will give everyone ample time to get their car ready for the upcoming driving season.

Also keep in mind Cal does other vehicle other than Turbo Buicks like LSX motors and even some Fords.

If you have ever thought about doing a Tuning Session with Cal, I will tell you it is worth every red cent as will many other folks on here.... I met up with Cal last year, and he undoubtedly saved me a the expense of a rebuild of my new engine as we not only uncovered a weak coil pack, but also an insufficient fuel system. If I was at the track tuning i would have have certainly burnt the motor by the time i was at the end of the track before realizing i was starving the motor. Thats not to mention how quickly we were able to address some tune issues that would have taken me months to find time to troubleshoot. Last time I put down 575 rwhp before running out of fuel pump. Shooting for over 600 hp this time...and also shooting for and perhaps more importantly - no issues.....

Thanks,
Nate

I guess my main concern is price per car and its a 3 hr drive for me. Im.also In middle of mini rebuild. Put me down for a maybe and possibly pm.the expected price.. thx

Pyscho6! - Thanks for the interest. I sent you a PM outlining approximate costs.

Thanks - Merry Christmas!
Nate

Update: 4 definites (myself, pdzz, pyscho6, 434Nova), 1 most likely, and 1 maybe. The more we get the cheaper it gets!

Thanks!
Nate

Maybe have a dyno day to get the tune in the ball park then have Cal go to the track for the fine tune. I'll be in for a track rental/day.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

i could also be in for track rental too. used to rent out island drag way. they are open for a 2014 season too

February Bump!!!!!!

We have the following takers so far: (Pyscho6 had to bow out)

3 definites (myself, pdzz, 434Nova), and 2 most likely (another turbo 6 and a 408 stroker (Camaro). The more we get the cheaper it gets!

Let me know if you are interested.

Nate

I'm only 35 minutes from there in Albany. I'd like to attend,but don't need any dyno time. I'm not really done with my goals,which should be accomplished by April.

I'll bring my GN,but it depends on road conditions. We've had some really nasty snow storms all the way up to the middle of April up here. I don't have a trailer.

I'd like to at least go and watch. I'm sure I'd learn something.

I'm only 35 minutes from there in Albany. I'd like to attend,but don't need any dyno time. I'm not really done with my goals,which should be accomplished by April.

I'll bring my GN,but it depends on road conditions. We've had some really nasty snow storms all the way up to the middle of April up here. I don't have a trailer.

I'd like to at least go and watch. I'm sure I'd learn something.[/quote

HighMielage - Nice Gravely! I have an 18G, and my family has a quite a few among themselves.

I'll keep you posted on the details of the venue.

Nate

Last edited:
Thanks,Nate! That's my '73 Gravely 10A with 50's square-chute "dog-eater".

I've also got a 40's L with Snowdozer plow....and an '86 5665 with the Kohler K-301-S (gobs of torque) equipped with an M210 "Snow Cannon". It will shoot snow clear over the powerlines!

We are getting about 1ft of snow right now. It will be the 10A with Dog-eater's turn this time.

Each has a hitch ball in case I wan't to hook my Sulky up if I'm feeling lazy. I live on the corner of a busy intersection. People stop and look. hahaha

I'm ready for snow. See pic.

****There are a few other members here that I have met a bunch of times locally. I contacted them about Amsterdam in case they didn't see the post.

My snow arsenal:

gravgar.jpg