MAP sensor location

stickybones

What?
Dumb question. Where's the MAP sensor located in an 87 GN? I just bought Turbo-Link with the boost sensing harness and the 3 bar MAP sensor. I need to install it and I can't figure out where the stock 2 bar sensor is to replace it.

Thanks

Don't replace it ... just put your new 3 BAR sensor over on the pass. side fender next to it (I use a little piece of velcro).

The vacuum T included in the kit is so that you can run them both at the same time (and keep your dashboard boost gauge).

I notice my factory boost line that runs from the "manifold" to the sensor is one of those really small diameter hoses with a larger rubber boot on the end to connect to the sensor. The rubber boot is all dried up and cracked (possible leak source???). Do I need to replace it with the same type of hose or can I use an plain old rubber vacumn line hose for this?

Most chain auto parts places (like Autozone, etc.) have "HELP" section that has these stock style rubber boots.

However, there's nothing magic about them ... you can use normal vacuum hose (just be sure to zip tie it to make sure it doesn't come off under boost).

Ken...is the dash boost gage capable of running/reading properly off the 3 bar MAP sensor? Since I won't be running TLink all the time and I have an A-pillar mounted boost gage, I really don't need the stock dash gage. (Or do I?) Maybe it's neater to just replace the 2 bar sensor with the 3 bar one and just unplug it from the dash harness and plug in the TLink harness when needed.

Nope. Dash is calibrated for the 2BAR. Ya know, I never look at the dash boost gauge, but I guess I want everything to work , so that's why I use the T and a little bit (1/2" square) piece of velcro.

I've also seen folks extend that little tray that the 2 BAR is next to and mount the 3BAR right next to it. Looks factory!