Manual seat track

GNRick

Retired member
Looking for driver side manual seat track for 87 GN. Is the 87 seat track different from previous years?

Nope, they're same as every other G-body from '78 until '88.

Check your local junk yards. they're still out there.

also, split bench inner tracks are the same as inner bucket tracks. but bucket outer tracks are for buckets only. I've seen many sets for sale online claiming to be for bucket seats and they are not correct. these are from an 87 GN for reference. also if you want to restore them, you don't need to drill rivets and ruin them to disassemble. slide them forward and carefully pull the rear roller cage assembly out. I used needle nose pliers and a small flat head screw driver, carefully. then slide the track backward and the front roller will fall out. I bead blasted mine and nickel plated them. be careful not to mangle the cage that holds the roller wheel and side bearings. make sure to grease everything well before reassembly. I went stingy on the lube and one got jammed on me.
IMG_0585.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the ones off ebay for $200. I know, expensive, but I sold micron stock for a $200 profit in 3 days so it's a wash lol. I was planning on sand blasting them and powder coating them black without disassembling them. Yours look great in silver. Thanks for the pic.