Manny's Stage2 '86 Ttype runs 8.56 @159mph at PBIR.

Thanks for sharing the pics Manny!:) Shev was 100% correct the new setup looks amazing and I'd expect nothing less from you as your car has always been super clean and done right in every aspect!:cool:

Thanks and no problem. These pics are from before the car was actually started. Some things are different but you can get the idea.

Car looks great Manny, but then again I like Grey T-types!!! Was anything else hurt besides the head gasket on that pass?

Car looks great Manny, but then again I like Grey T-types!!! Was anything else hurt besides the head gasket on that pass?

Thanks, and yes I have to get the head repaired and I am changing the piston in that cylinder. I have some extra pistons that Clarence gave me when I bought the motor. I think it was a good thing so I can get rid of the reciever groove for the felpro 1007 gasket and go with a cometic. My old motor had the 1007's and I had problems with them. Then I changed to the cometics and never had anymore problem's with headgaskets.
Should be maybe 200lbs lighter next time out as I still have the factory front seats and all the carpet and padding, bars in the doors and a stock fuel tank full of fuel.
How's your car running? You going to Bowling Green this year?

Congrats Manny and Laz Racing crew.

Perfect example of Laz Racing Team kickin tail and taking names.
Excellent run and I'm sure there's more in it.
Good job guys.

Patrick

Thanks, and yes I have to get the head repaired and I am changing the piston in that cylinder. I have some extra pistons that Clarence gave me when I bought the motor. I think it was a good thing so I can get rid of the reciever groove for the felpro 1007 gasket and go with a cometic. My old motor had the 1007's and I had problems with them. Then I changed to the cometics and never had anymore problem's with headgaskets.
Should be maybe 200lbs lighter next time out as I still have the factory front seats and all the carpet and padding, bars in the doors and a stock fuel tank full of fuel.
How's your car running? You going to Bowling Green this year?

No, I won't be at BG. I am taking a little time off. I laid off all my employees and I am doing everything myself so it doesn't leave much time for much of anything else.

Good idea pulling the padding and the seats. The race buckets are far better of a seat to be sitting in for sure..... I'm still running the factory carpet and rear seat. I don't recall how much you can save with the crash bars off hand but a easy 100# should be no problem for you with the seats and crash bars I'd think.

No, I won't be at BG. I am taking a little time off. I laid off all my employees and I am doing everything myself so it doesn't leave much time for much of anything else.

Good idea pulling the padding and the seats. The race buckets are far better of a seat to be sitting in for sure..... I'm still running the factory carpet and rear seat. I don't recall how much you can save with the crash bars off hand but a easy 100# should be no problem for you with the seats and crash bars I'd think.

You plan on making it to Reynolds in november? I would like to see your car in person I've only seen pics.
I think a 100lbs with the seats and bars and maybe another 100lbs replacing the stock full of fuel gas tank with a fuel cell with maybe five gallons in it should do the trick.

At this point I am planning on Reynolds. I overlooked the fuel tank, that's a BIG saving right there, but from the looks of the video it seems to help keep your front tires off the ground for a good 150'. :eek: