Manifold to turbo gasket

87TIGN

Death by boost
When using a copper gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manifold do you have to spray the copper with anything before installing? Or can I just put it in and go? Have people had good luck with the copper gaskets?
Thanks
-Andrew

That is differnt than my experience.

I have had very good luck with these.

I do spray them for giggles.

Imo

Take your copper gasket to NAPA (they have a catalog which has full size pics) --match it to a graphite gasket--order a few and your sealing problems will be over. Sorry, I don't have the part #. Any slight imperfections in the flange sealing area will be filled. IMO, copper is slightly better than nothing.

The best of both...!

The TA gasket no. TA V1709-2 for the 3 bolt turbo flange is a composition gasket with copper on one side and high temp gasket material on the other.

So far, this gasket has proven superior to any other type in use. We have re-used these a couple times after a couple turbo removals with NO leaks.

No need to use any sealer with them. :)

Take your copper gasket to NAPA (they have a catalog which has full size pics) --match it to a graphite gasket--order a few and your sealing problems will be over.

That's what I did. I think it was a heat riser gasket off of a truck. Unfortunately I don't remember which one. :rolleyes: