Man Trades In $1.6 Million Bugatti Veyron For Corvette...

i was thinking the same thing

Probably the one they fished out of the lake...............:eek::eek:

wonder if they checked to see if it was. 20K miles on it means it's been around the block. i would hate to have it serviced, i'm sure it costs alot. i heard a ferrari tuneup you have to drop the motor out or something to that effect. the tuneup was in the 15k range, was on supercars on speed channel.

No wonder he's trading it, it's wornout with 2,107 miles on it. :rolleyes:

Also with a used car value of just between $1.4 to $3.6 million dollars it sounds like the right thing to do, is to trade it for a corvette that sold for new at $107,000. That is one smart fella :D

Do you suppose he owns some ocean front property in AZ. :D

wonder if they checked to see if it was. 20K miles on it means it's been around the block. i would hate to have it serviced, i'm sure it costs alot. i heard a ferrari tuneup you have to drop the motor out or something to that effect. the tuneup was in the 15k range, was on supercars on speed channel.
A fella could buy a LOT of Turbo Regals for what a maintenance job costs on a Veyron.

Veyron Owner Finds Private Jet Travel Cheaper - Bugatti Veyron - Jalopnik

...$21,000 for a routine service, $38,500 for a set of four tires and $46,000 every fourth tire change to have his wheels x-rayed to check for stress fractures. In comparison, an annual service on a Ferrari Enzo costs just $2,730.

Not sure if I'd put 100% faith in that link. The Enzo maintenance cost seems unusually low.

i don't know why you guy's are so shocked all that coin for that ugly thing.you can make a 1000 horse alot cheaper;)

i don't know why you guy's are so shocked all that coin for that ugly thing.you can make a 1000 horse alot cheaper;)
True enough. But getting it to achieve 250+ MPH without blowing apart is another story altogether.

As far as a Veyron being ugly, well... It's functional. And sometimes function ain't pretty. I'd glady drive one. That's for sure. :D

This was posted on the corvette forum also...This was not some Idiot that walked into the dealership and said.."Hey...I like that corvette,I will trade you even for this Veyron."

The dealership put lots of cash along with the Vette to Acquire the Veyron.

This was posted on the corvette forum also...This was not some Idiot that walked into the dealership and said.."Hey...I like that corvette,I will trade you even for this Veyron."

The dealership put lots of cash along with the Vette to Acquire the Veyron.

That would be my guess too...

it states in the article, cash along with the vette & that they had to find a buyer first. you can be assured there was NO "cash" involved in a million + $ deal.

It may be the most advanced car ever made but sure aint pretty. In fact, id say it's pretty dam ugly and has even uglier color schemes.

It was not "traded" for a Vette. The dealer lined up a buyer for the gentleman.

I love the media.

By the way, Johnny Depp was killed in a plane crash today.