Making the car stronger

oneshot

I see so many post about advice on more HP and was wondering about what kind of mods or upgrades can you do to mke your car stronger. Maybe getting rid of some weak components for some that are just built better and will prolong the life of the car.

Depends on what exactly are ya talkin bout engine- body-suspension, maybe your talking all.
i've braced the sh** outta my body due to t-tops and all the stuff i have had to fix on it but later will plan to go with billet caps and arp studs when i do my rebuid, suspension i have put in urethane body bushings, not sure what area your talkin but presume engine let us know.

some basics...

I've owned my TR for 16 years now and all I can really say is I'm happy to never have replaced any engine components with Factory replacements and EVER had a problem besides too much boost and head gaskets!...for example...the factory PLASTIC timing chains, Go DOUBLE ROLLER! believe it or not these cars are pretty stout from the get go, even when abused. OIL changes and monitoring pressures etc.
short list IM SURE others will add...
Double roller timing chain
adjustable fuel pressure regulator (detonation KILLS)
160 degree thermostat (heat KILLS too!)
DEDICATED OIL CHANGES!!!
Cold air kits?
tranny cooler
billet mains (if youre bored)

oh...was this just to make a stocker LAST longer? If its just stock...Religious preventive maint. and maybe oil additives so long as its turbo friendly. This also includes NEVER reving your car before shut off and allowing time for car to idle before shut down... *Head falls on KeyBoard...ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz*