Making progress!

That it does I spent many hours grinding that floor and wearing the mess!!! But when you see a finished product it makes it worth it!!
Chris

Looks great. But what made you undercoat it when you had such a smooth base to paint over?

I was going to paint it semi black in the beginning then moved on to Por 15 but heard plenty of stories about that and other like it not sticking to bare metal well even if prepped correctly plus fading! Then after i got it stripped i found some swiss cheese in the pans and welded them up making the floor not perfect so after seeing dsapper's line-x'd bottom i liked the look and that would hide the floor imperfections to some degree not that they are that bad. I was going to transport it the the line-x shop then after moving the car indoors bolted on the roti i know this was not made for a bouncy ride on a roll back or trailer all i could see was it falling off the roti!!!:eek: so i then searched for the latest and greatest liner i could apply similar to line-x and found a few but monstaliner is what all the craze is with the jeep guys and it got rave reviews so after many questions which the owner was more than happy to answer i went that route! I think its a clean look for the bottom not show paint but clean and the car was half undercoated fron the factory so i just did it right and did the whole bottom with a product way better than undercoating!
Thanks for the all the good words!
Chris

Just dropped the car off the rotisserie today and it's in the for sale section i got done what i needed it for so if someone needs a nice roti to make their life easy check it out!
Chris

Nice job it looks great! I wish i had the time and space to do this my self but i cant. Keep us posted on the frame im pretty sure you must be doing a hell of job on that also.

Ruben.

Frame is in the garage back from a fresh semi gloss black powdercoating and it looks pretty good Better than new! I will get some pics up soon of the frame just need to make room in the garage to move it around!
chris

Well the body is completely stripped of every nut/bolt/part besides the glass which will be removed by the paint shop. I picked up the body cart tonight and it's getting loaded tomorrow then off to the paint shop monday morning! the guy at the shop will be taking plenty of progress pics so i will be posting them as them come! Did not think i was going to go this far but i said lets do it right the first time around!
Chris

Here is a update and some pics of the frame and the body should be coming back from paint in a few weeks. Also some pics of a bolt in rear shock tower brace i made up yesterday going to powdercoat tomorrow and will be picking up my M9 housing! Just waitnig on brakes and a few small items and the suspension is done!
Chris

Attachments

• DSCN4747.JPG
    DSCN4747.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN4748.JPG
    DSCN4748.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN4749.JPG
    DSCN4749.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN4750.JPG
    DSCN4750.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 103
Nice brace!! Ever think about selling them? Any reason you didn't box the frame? I'm assume your going external pump right.

Probably should have boxed the frame but i jumped the gun and had the frame coated before putting allot of thought in it but i figure with every bolt on brace a few welded on and poly mounts it should be pretty decent! I have not decided on the pump yet but the hard lines are 1/2" feed and 3/8" return so they will handle what ever i do!
I am surprized no one made braces like this before it seem the only time they are welded in is when they get notched they are not that hard to make but i doubt i would sell them because the of the differences from car to car it might not line up.

Very clean and detailed Chris. Alot of effort going into your build, it's gonna be worth it and it will show with your finished product...

Thanks John doing what i can but the bar has been set very high by yourself and some other guys here I'm just riding the coat tails!
Chris

Thanks John doing what i can but the bar has been set very high by yourself and some other guys here I'm just riding the coat tails!
Chris

I think the bar was set long before I joined this site Chris. Definitely nice seeing builds happening like yours. For me, it's as fun to build them as it is the drive them. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished project...

The bar just keeps getting higher though! When i ever get this build done i am going to do a full tub GN that way i have the pro street and pro touring! The big If is when!:rolleyes:
Waiting on the rear,brakes and allot of powdercoated parts then it should start looking like something I think the body is ready for paint so that will be coming back soon also!
Chris

Some more goodies just showed up here is a pic of the small brake setup for the front i put a stock rotor in for giggles!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN4757.JPG
    DSCN4757.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 61