making An fuel lines

3.8Illusion

boost junkie
well heres my problem ive converted a 85 with 87 drivetrain. one problem the 85 doesnt have a fuel filter toward the back of the car. ive decided to i might as well swap to an fuel lines and put in a filter. what fittings do i need for the fuel rail?
thanks steve

Here's what I used:

Earls 9919EFJ - a fitting that will screw into the fuel inlet of the rail to convert to -8AN fitting. You have to cut about 1/4" of thread off and use a bronze crush washer but it works. Dunno if they have one for a different AN size.

Earls 991954 - a fitting that will thread into the bottom of a stock style regulator with o-ring included. This converts to -6AN fitting. It is fairly long but a 90° forged hose end will fit (barely) and clear the vacuum lines. It's actually a Saginaw power steering hose adapter.

If you go to the trouble (and expen$e) of braided lines all the way, buy a steel -08 fitting and weld it on the fuel rail. Just cut off the stock stuff (remove and the brazing) and then take it somewhere and have it tigged on. I got a Parker fitting (hydraulic hose store should have them). Just make sure you get the correct angle for an AN fitting (either 37º or 45º).

No adapters and looks much better, plus, you can route your fuel lines a little easier (like to the back of the motor with a 180º on the end of the fuel rail).