maintenance

turbota633

last weekend i did spring cleaning, all except rear end fluid. i gapped my plugs at .035 like they're supposd to be, but the car seems to have lost power overall, also seems like it takes it a while to start, first start after sitting for a short while, it turns overlonger than it used to before it starts up. and when i rev it it blows a decent amount of smoke out, i was wondering if the spark plugs would have anything to do with it, checked one of the plugs that came out of it and it was gapped around .040-.042 and was blackened. just seems different than before i did the spring cleaning, and wondered if theres anything i could check to see why, i plan to goto the track tonite, i wanna get a time on it after i did the cleaining but before i put on the alky kit i just got from guy.

-joe

an update: some info i got from my scanmaster, the car was running for about 5 minutes and was in park at idle when i recorded this.
af:04 lb:35-36 int:131 bl:121 clt:179 ats:94 rpm:650-700
tps:.46 iac:07 but was at 25-30 right at the start up 02's:varied, usually in the 550-575 range, some in the 160 area,some in the 450 area, few times over 600.

joe

wires appear fine to me, they dont seem too old actually. plugs are delco...and they are r43ts.
-joe

blue tops,adj. fule pressure reg, adj wastegate(set at @16-17 psi), ta-49, red armstorng 93 chip, k&n intake...i think its the "bigmouth" one, but im not sure, its the one with the huge cone that runs directly behind the grille from the maf sensor. i went to the tack tonite though, ran good times, i met a guy there named clint. my knock peaked at 7.5-8 on my best run, but it was at the very end,...this is what my scanmaster showed after the run ended when i checked it, but throughout that whole run i think it may have reachd 5 max at the very end, he told me that if i didnt ease out of the throttle at the end, that the knock would go way up at the very end..which i payed attention to after he told me this and it seemd true as my knock was sligtly worse the previous 2 runs, i glanced over at it every now and then throughout all my runs and it got worse the further down the track i got, but never exceed 5 til the very end, down well past the 1/8 mile mark id see 2...3 degrees tops, but i messed with the fuel pressure and boost til i got less knock and also eased out of the gas instead of lettin go all at once after the run ended til my knock lessened. only problem is smoke comes out of my exhuast, but after a few of my runs it didnt,seems like when i tinkered with the fuel pressure it would smoke at certain settings but not at others. clint suggested i replace the pcv valve as it may be clogged, he also said if this isnt the problem to do a compression check. hopefully someone can help me out with this.

-joe

What kind of times did you run? MPH? 60'?

What kind of gas? Hopefully, not pump gas!!!

Try swapping chips. I've heard that Red's chips run on the rich side. Black plugs = Rich :D

Probably just need tuning. :)

30% xylene mixture, times started at 13.916@95.93 on a .603 light and a 2.098 60' and improved to my best run of the night, and my last run, a 13.655@98.69 on a .513 light, 2.054 60'. believe it or not though, that .603 was my worst light of the night, i was killin the lights that night.
-joe

I haven't driven my car since last year due to deployment but isn't the AF value a little low? I thought 7 maybe 6 was minimum.