main boost valve falling out!

elcamino383

i took the old ones out... put in .400 low/reverse .570 main valve in.. new super spring... but its not going inside far enough for the snap ring to 'snap' in so it falls out... need to go about 1/4 inch more... any ideas whats hanging me up? i tried the old ones too.. no go.

The main reg valve

probably isn't up far enough. Take the main reg valve back out and load the valve up with vasaline and then sitck it back up in the pump. I know the valve is in when i can barely touch the main reg valve with my index finger.

Make sure the bore is clean and has no burrs in it. Then make sure you are putting the valve in with the pistons going in the right direction.

Originally posted by elcamino383
i took the old ones out... put in .400 low/reverse .570 main valve in.. new super spring... but its not going inside far enough for the snap ring to 'snap' in so it falls out... need to go about 1/4 inch more... any ideas whats hanging me up? i tried the old ones too.. no go.

Been there, done that! :( Unfortunately, I had to wait until the tranny came out for a converter swap to get mine in (upside down on the bench, it literally "fell in")! Oddly, the stock valves could easily be installed from below, but the aftermarket stuff was impossible - not only for me, but also for a tranny mechanic friend that came by the house to give it a try.

Whatever you do, do NOT force it! I did and it cost me an extra $85 to get a new one overnighted in.

Hopefully you'll have better luck!