Mail truck

That would be an interesting ride that would raise some eyebraws. I was talking to my late wife's uncle down in New Zealand back in '07 and he was telling me people that had GM cars shipped down to New Zealand and Australia used parts from our US mail trucks as they are S10 based and they can be used to convert some GM cars to RHD down there.

You can purchase one of the newer Gruman LLV's. One sold recently on ebay in the fall. They still sell for big bucks as rural post carriers have use for them. Good luck with your find and build, maybe i can borrow it when your project is completed to deliver my route! ;)

A Grumman KubVan would be another vehicle to look for. they look very similar to the Grumman LLV's. Probably a bugger to find one but they are out there. AM General is another company that made vehicles for the USPS.

The problem with the newer postal trucks is that LLV stands for Long Life Vehicle. By the time the USPS is done with them, they are used up. I had a buddy back in New York that used to work for the USPS in the vehicle maintenance crew in Buffalo. He told me that the ones that are gotten rid of are nothing better than junk.

Here... I found this on the 'net... Old ice cream truck

"My GN is like my wife when I dont touch her for a while she gets grumpy and throws a fit... "

Most likely the other way around..........................

"My GN is like my wife when I dont touch her for a while she gets grumpy and throws a fit... "

Most likely the other way around..........................

It is, but she gets touched just as much as the GN by me.

I'm considering this still, but got to find one and decide on a motor.