mafT, rich condition.

jose garcia

I bought an Ls1 maf and translator. Car was running well. Since removing stock maf, car is now running very rich and has now developed a knock inside engine... if i slightly rev engine, knock goes away.. help!!

Jose

how do you know its running rich? What are the BLM numbers, chip number, and settings of the switches inside the box.

Bob

Blm were 128, 93 oct chip 17lb boost, only the 4th switch is off, knobs in box are set to zero. The exhaust fumes are gas rich. Thank you for responding.

What is causing the knock??

Regards,
Jose

Blm were 128, 93 oct chip 17lb boost, only the 4th switch is off, knobs in box are set to zero. The exhaust fumes are gas rich. Thank you for responding.

What is causing the knock??

Regards,
Jose
What positions are the four switches set to. Is your MAF 3.5". Is the 128 at warm idle after driving the car? How does the car run despite the richness?

The first 3 switches are up, the 4th is down. Yes, a 3.5 maf. The 128 blm were taken with the car at 170* parked. I did not drive the car, the knocking scared me...

Thanks,
Jose

a translator can not cause any noises...... not sure whats up there.

try putting your stock MAF back on.

what chip is in the ECM? the TurboTweak chips run open loop at idle, what are the BLMs while cruising? Or reset the ECM and let the BLMs relearn.

~exactly~ which MAF do you have? post part numbers or pics.

Bob

Im getting a 21 code, tps sen high.. SM Tps is reading.42 idle and 4.8 wot, engine off. IAC is reading 67 engine running. What gives???

Jose

Im getting a 21 code, tps sen high.. SM Tps is reading.42 idle and 4.8 wot, engine off. IAC is reading 67 engine running. What gives???

Jose
WOT TPS should be down around 4.5 volts. IAC should be around 15 at warm idle in park. Turn the Idle adjustment screw clockwise to open the throttle and the computer will close the IAC and that number will fall. Then re adjust the IAC.
What BLM number do you see when cruising at a steady speed?
What is your fuel pressure at idle?

I don't see why WOT tps should have to be clear down around 4.5 ?? I've run at 4.8 (and on occasions higher) WOT volts for many many years. It's never tripped a code. Until I pushed it over 4.98 volts that is.

I don't see why WOT tps should have to be clear down around 4.5 ?? I've run at 4.8 (and on occasions higher) WOT volts for many many years. It's never tripped a code. Until I pushed it over 4.98 volts that is.
It can be even lower than that. My point is that raising it above 4.5 does nothing so why go above that.

Thank you all for the help, i beleve ive got it... as for the knocking, the fly wheel bolts were a tad loose.. ill post back and confirm.

Kind regards,
Jose

makes you wonder what other bolts might be loose..... I had loose transmissing bellhousing bolts cause my flexplate to crack... that was an interesting day.

Bob