"MAFless" Pipe?

darkred87T

Hi, I just converted to Speed Density with my T-pro and I was wondering where I can find an intake pipe that would go from my turbo inlet bell to the air filter. Thanks in advance,
Mike

Thanks, Cottons cold air kits are for TE inlet bells. I think I have a TA (the longer one?).

Does anyone know where I can get a 4" inlet bell to replace my 3".

Thanks, Cottons cold air kits are for TE inlet bells. I think I have a TA (the longer one?).

Does anyone know where I can get a 4" inlet bell to replace my 3".

Use an adaptor hose. Problem solved. Cotton would probably include it with his pipe. Just ask him. JUst about any color you may want, except PINK....he wouldn't sell THAT color.........EVER!!!;) (Unless you are Shirley CHA-CHA Muldowney!:biggrin: )

I just got the RJC pipe and it is VERY nice. They build it too long so that you can cut it to the appropriate length. With a little trimming to both parts it works well with my 4" big mouth cold air kit from BuickGN.com. In fact, if I had a TIG welder I would have made it one long pipe.

Use an adaptor hose. Problem solved. Cotton would probably include it with his pipe. Just ask him. JUst about any color you may want, except PINK....he wouldn't sell THAT color.........EVER!!!;) (Unless you are Shirley CHA-CHA Muldowney!:biggrin: )

Ah, too bad I wanted pink. :p

Is there any advantage to getting the elbow kit and stuffing the filter down behind the headlight bezel? Right now it's under the hood and it's hot as H*ll in there. It was in the 40's here the other day when I was driving around and my IAT was about 115 degrees. :eek:

My experience says, NO, it will not make a measurable difference. At the track I have tried both ways, and even though the underhood temps are high, at full power it would get all the air it needed. I spent alot of time blocking the filter off so it would only get fresh air, and it made no difference. I wouldn't have believed it on paper.