MAF woes ??

Regulator23

While upgrading my turbo and wastegate, I also installed a 4" intake with LS1 MAF. The MAF is a Walker brand. The entire setup is less than 30 days old.
The car has been running like a beast but I went to start her today and she would die after a couple of seconds at idle and would not accept any throttle.
TPS settings seem fine and when unplugging the MAF sensor she starts, idles and accepts throttle.
Seems like a simple case of a bad MAF sensor, but was wondering if there were any other avenues to check before ordering a new one, as this one is almost brand new?

Do you have a plug and play harness? If so tighten all the connectors, bend the male pins slightly, squeeze the female to make sure they're making good contact. When I had a plug and play harness the car died on me and it was from poor connetion being made in the one week old harness. I found the problem by wiggling the connectors until it worked. When i got home i got rid of the plug and play and hard wired it.

If you have the old setup...try it. If it still works...then the MAF is fukd. Maybe another TR owner close to you could let you try their known good one?

Thanks SD. I just ordered a new one. I was hoping to hit the track this weekend and didn’t want to take a chance.
Naturally I just got word that the track is now closing with the virus panic though

Thanks SD. I just ordered a new one. I was hoping to hit the track this weekend and didn’t want to take a chance.
Naturally I just got word that the track is now closing with the virus panic though

I haven't heard any issues with the AC Delco units.

Is your current MAF plastic?
Is the replacement you just purchased also plastic?
You could go to a salvage yard today and ask them for a MAF for a 2000 camaro and you would have a much less likely to fail MAF.
I bought 2 for $50.00 5 years ago.
This original MAF will have a 2 piece aluminum body with the sensor sandwiched between the two halves which allows you to disassemble it to restore the two aluminum pieces to a new looking finish and you can paint them any color you like. You can also buy a new sensor for it in the future if it fails,but it won't.

The plastic one have a reputation for failure.

Before you do anything,check the wires and connectors for continuity.

Whats your scanmaster af numbers?