Maf translator

Procharge

Boost inspired WFO
Anyone using the pro maf translator and how do you like or dislike it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I used it on two cars and switched back to regular maf and translator, but i prefer to keep things simple

I bought the mafTpro Pace was using and I agree. Went back to a standard translator.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was thinking of using a lt-1 maf and translater with a 5.7 93 oct turbo chip my car is daily driver would this be good ? Im new at this . I have stock maf in car now. thanks

IMHO, if you're getting the MaftPro you might as well just go for the SD2 chip and get rid of the MAF all together.

IMHO, if you're getting the MaftPro you might as well just go for the SD2 chip and get rid of the MAF all together.
I don't know what that is. I was told to get the lt-1 and translater and 5.7 93 oct you can get rid of the maf?

The Translator allows you to use a modern MAF and it can be used with a regular chip like the TT 5.7. It's relatively simple plug and play and reliable. The GenII and MAFTPro are advanced tuning devices that work with the MAF and the Extender chip to do tuning. There are many more parameters to work with for tuning. An experienced tuner can get more out of the tune with this devices. I'm not sure but I think the MAFTPro can be used in a Speed Density mode too. The SD2 chip is a chip that uses Speed Density to tune and eliminates the MAF altogether. It has many parameters to work with and it works similar to a FAST system relying on wide band O2 and air temp and other sensors to calculate the a/f and timing, etc.
If your stock MAF is failing you will have alot of issues with how the engine runs. Since they are no longer available new and the rebuilt ones are a gamble the most logical step is to go with the Translator and a LT1 or LS style MAF. Hope that helps ricturbo.

The Translator allows you to use a modern MAF and it can be used with a regular chip like the TT 5.7. It's relatively simple plug and play and reliable. The GenII and MAFTPro are advanced tuning devices that work with the MAF and the Extender chip to do tuning. There are many more parameters to work with for tuning. An experienced tuner can get more out of the tune with this devices. I'm not sure but I think the MAFTPro can be used in a Speed Density mode too. The SD2 chip is a chip that uses Speed Density to tune and eliminates the MAF altogether. It has many parameters to work with and it works similar to a FAST system relying on wide band O2 and air temp and other sensors to calculate the a/f and timing, etc.
If your stock MAF is failing you will have alot of issues with how the engine runs. Since they are no longer available new and the rebuilt ones are a gamble the most logical step is to go with the Translator and a LT1 or LS style MAF. Hope that helps ricturbo.
THANKS

If you want to drive it daily keep it simple and easy to repair. The LT-1/translator and a 5.7 TT chip is the way to go.

If you want to drive it daily keep it simple and easy to repair. The LT-1/translator and a 5.7 TT chip is the way to go.

I don't know if I'd go quite that far. Daily driving shouldn't dictate what system you're running.

Some guys just hate tweaking and adjusting things and the basic Translator/maf is perfect for them.

Other guys like me are always tinkering and tweaking, trying to perfect the tune (and still daily drive) and so for those types, the Translator GEN II/maf, Translator Pro/SD, or the SD2 chip/SD setups are just fine with all their tables, files, etc. to tweak in.

Any and all of the above are just fine for a daily driver. Just depends on how comfortable the owner is with looking into tables, and understanding what each adjustment does and how it effects overall vehicle operations.

Like I said, some are comfortable with the complexity, some are not. The owner should always decide what level of complexity they are comfortable with before jumping into any engine management system, from the simplest (basic Translator) all the way up to the highest level of complexity (stand alone processors).

I definitely not the tweaking type Dave and like it simple. My TR buddy is just like you, always tweaking stuff. Took me 16 years just to ditch the stock MAF lol. Upgrading the stock MAF/chip will really enhance the drivability of the car though.

I want something I can just put in and drive good. I know how I am if I tweak and adjust then I ve got my foot to the floor to see what it will do ,then before I know it is time to rebuild or replace engine .So what set up do I need stock engine,kn air filter 3" down pipe,fuel hot wire , adjustable fuel psi,I think that is it..Im going to bg next sat hopping can find all that I need there .

I have a few questions if you don't mind. I Have the translator plus. the settings in side the box is on the dip switch mode is 2 up and 2 down. The MAF dials are 4 idle & 7 WOT the spark dials are at 3 idle & E wot. The inside chip in the box is 5.2 tt. Please read the car profile. It runs great but the tail pipes are black inside but not sure if thats nomal. Thanks

What chip are your running the TT 5.2 or the Extender Chip? That will make a difference in the switch 1-4 selection. It's pretty normal to have soot in the exhaust pipes. I see the car is for sale so if it runs well I wouldn't worry over that. Did you do the tuning yourself? The spark is set 6 advanced over the rpm and 4 retarded after 3200 at WOT. That is probably not ideal for 93 octane and alky. You might consider a new TT chip set for alky and set the spark to no change then tune by the chip.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG
What chip are your running the TT 5.2 or the Extender Chip? That will make a difference in the switch 1-4 selection. It's pretty normal to have soot in the exhaust pipes. I see the car is for sale so if it runs well I wouldn't worry over that. Did you do the tuning yourself? The spark is set 6 advanced over the rpm and 4 retarded after 3200 at WOT. That is probably not ideal for 93 octane and alky. You might consider a new TT chip set for alky and set the spark to no change then tune by the chip.

The car is set up for alky but it's a older system and has a leak on the switch that open and closes the flow. I am trying to find one. It's a SMC system. The car is tuned for alky. It has a Extender chip for 98 octane. I put 98 race fuel in it for now until i find that piece thats leaking. I am getting the 5.2 TT from inside the MAF translator Plus box which may mean nothing. Bottom line I was wondering if the setting are right. I will send a picture of the box.

View attachment 209678 View attachment 209678

The car is set up for alky but it's a older system and has a leak on the switch that open and closes the flow. I am trying to find one. It's a SMC system. The car is tuned for alky. It has a Extender chip for 98 octane. I put 98 race fuel in it for now until i find that piece thats leaking. I am getting the 5.2 TT from inside the MAF translator Plus box which may mean nothing. Bottom line I was wondering if the setting are right. I will send a picture of the box.

The car runs great but I want to be safe on my settings. Thanks

I'm guessing the sticker on that chip is T+ (translator +) version 5.2...

I'm guessing the sticker on that chip is T+ (translator +) version 5.2...[/quote so with the alky broken I am using race fuel in car runs great until you get into it and it startss to pings. can i take down the timing for in the box without out hurting anything. and what do you think. Thanks Mark

I use the maft pro with the extender chip. I use it in translator mode. I also have closed loop boost control. I would be hard pressed to trade the set up. Using in translator mode requires no normal driving tuning, and I can easily make WOT fueling and timing adjustments. With the wideband I also have closed loop WOT A/F control. You have to do a little bit of studying to get it set up and use it, but very powerful tuning tool.