MAF Relocation

NO!!! MAF uses an element similar to a lightbulb it glows orange when operating.
I ran this same setup last year it seemed to have no downside. The car had much better throttle response. The reason i took it out was i wanted to run NOS then decided to go w/ F.A.S.T. so no more MAF.

My opinion go for it it's great, or go w/ F.A.S.T sell MAF, trans+,modded ecm,chip. your more than half way to used F.A.S.T. 1100.00 - 1200.00 and never look back.

Rosewood T-Type said:
NO!!! MAF uses an element similar to a lightbulb it glows orange when operating.
I ran this same setup last year it seemed to have no downside. The car had much better throttle response. The reason i took it out was i wanted to run NOS then decided to go w/ F.A.S.T. so no more MAF.

My opinion go for it it's great, or go w/ F.A.S.T sell MAF, trans+,modded ecm,chip. your more than half way to used F.A.S.T. 1100.00 - 1200.00 and never look back.
Ya your right. But I can here the old lady now :eek: #@!#$#@!$#@!$#@!

MAF Relocation was a sucsess!

Relocated LS1 MAF in up pipe off my front mount IC.

I chose to locate it down behind the radiator to leave room room for alcohol.

This worked out very well. Got rid of the fuel surging from back preasure.

Throttle response improved my blm's 127-129 but most of the time 128!

Runs Awsome! This was a quick easy fix that is showing other positive affects.

Thanks for everyones help. :)

I'm glad it worked for you i did this a couple of years ago like i said it works great maybe some others will do this so they will believe.

P.S dont try this with a stock maf unless you like little plastic pieces in your throttle body

Here are some pics

Maf

Attachments

• maf 1.JPG
    maf 1.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 105
  • maf 2.JPG
    maf 2.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 91
  • maf 3.JPG
    maf 3.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 82
Rick87GN said:
I got to technical to quick, see the problem is that when built up air pressure comes back through the MAF read's it and surges gas making the car stumble. This happens when let off the gas. I turned of the DFCO feature on the extender (Delayed Fuel Cut off) that helped alot but still slighty there. The LS1 MAF works too good. I thought if I take it out of the path of that air relieving back out the system, I could get rid of the problem.

the best way to deal with that problem is to install a blow-off valve on the side of the up pipe tot he throttle body.

SloGN said:
the best way to deal with that problem is to install a blow-off valve on the side of the up pipe tot he throttle body.
It seems the best way is to relocate the MAF since it's free. ;)

Rick87GN said:
Relocated LS1 MAF in up pipe off my front mount IC.

I chose to locate it down behind the radiator to leave room room for alcohol.

This worked out very well. Got rid of the fuel surging from back preasure.

Throttle response improved my blm's 127-129 but most of the time 128!

Runs Awsome! This was a quick easy fix that is showing other positive affects.

Thanks for everyones help. :)

I had posted pics of my LT1 in the uppipe at the TB , I've since added alky last week and spraying alky on the maf would have been a problem, Ideally I wanted the nozzles about 6" from the TB.
moving the MAf was the the only option , I ended up removing 4" of the up pipe where it exits the intercooler and installed the Maf there under the rad support (car looks like its MAfless now ) and used the section of pipe cutout and put it where my maf was , then installed the dual alky nozzles in that peice of pipe .

I'm not sure I'd want to put it that low and easily doinked by something on the road. From my fluids class I'm going to try to put my 85mm LQ4 MAF in the straightest section of pipe I can from the Powerstroke intercooler to the Throttlebody and then add BOV that vents back into the inlet stream more as a sound deadener than any real performance reason. I hate BOV noise but acknowledge the need for one especially in a blow through setup.