MAF question

87SFI

Can a bad maf cause the car to stall once in while? After the car is running for a minute or so it wants to almost die when I put it in gear and when it gets hot it stalls once in a while. I have my scanmaster hooked up and looked at all the sensors and appear normal even maf settings. I also reset my iac and still no luck.
It will idle fine one minute then like crap the next minute. I can't find any vacuum leaks either.

fp 43 line off
blm 115-128
int 128
af 5-6 idle
tps .46 idle
iac 25

Yes, a maf that's not working properly can cause what you're describing. They can be tricky son-of-a-guns.;)

Ignition modules and/or coilpacks can be very sensitive to heat.

The little egr filter can also cause an idle/stalling problem. I personally had an erratic idle until I found this filter to be clogged up. Yours seems to be heat related though.

My first guess would be ignition module. How many miles are on the coilpack & module?

Originally posted by Carolinaturbot6
Yes, a maf that's not working properly can cause what you're describing. They can be tricky son-of-a-guns.;)

Ignition modules and/or coilpacks can be very sensitive to heat.

The little egr filter can also cause an idle/stalling problem. I personally had an erratic idle until I found this filter to be clogged up. Yours seems to be heat related though.

My first guess would be ignition module. How many miles are on the coilpack & module?
I cleaned that egr filter too. The coilpack definatley looks like it has been replace because it looks like new. the module though I'm not sure of. My car has 85K on it. even though I get normal readings from my maf can it still be bad?

Thanks
George

Was wondering if a bad maf can cause bad fuel mileage. I got a crappy tomco unit. Can't wait to get the trans plus and 3.5" ls1 maf

87SFI I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be the module. I had already replaced the coil pack and it still did the same thing